Details: osition pay range is $60,000 to $75,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience.
Urgent Action Fund is seeking a Program Officer to be part of the Program team, which implements the organizational grantmaking, advocacy and programmatic strategy. The Program Officer will work to implement UAF’s grantmaking in Central Asia & Eastern Europe. This position reports to the Director of Programs.
Rapid Response Grantmaking
- Review and evaluate incoming rapid response grant proposals
- Seek endorsements and communicate with advisors on grant proposals
- Write grant reports and analyses of key trends
- Support the preparation of the programs budget
- Contribute to administrative duties within the programs team including database management and grants administration
Outreach and Strategy
- Identify and maintain working relationships with key regional advisors
- Develop strategic grantmaking priorities for a region -Central Asia & Eastern Europe
- Conduct assigned regional outreach and relationship building with advisors and grantees.
- Keep abreast of major developments and events in regional areas of responsibility.
- Attend/participate in regionally relevant conferences, meetings, working groups
Communication & Representation
- Create connections between grantees and other funders
- Develop program content for website as requested
- Represent Urgent Action Fund at public events, conferences and/or on social media platforms
- Plan and conduct travel and other outreach activities as assigned
- Work in collaboration with other UAF teams, including Fundraising, Communications, and Finance as needed
- Represent the Programs team at UAF Board meetings as necessary
- Contribute to the overall health and growth of the organization
- Passionate about UAF’s mission, committed to teamwork, and achieving results.
- A demonstrated commitment to women's human rights and/or social justice
- Knowledge and familiarity with grantmaking processes and procedures
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience within the NGO/philanthropic/international relations sector or related discipline
- Detailed knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google computer applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment managing competing priorities and reprioritizing tasks as needed.
- Close attention to detail and accuracy; personal initiative; reliability, flexibility and follow-up; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills in English
- Ability to distill complex and detailed information into an accessible and approachable writing style
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of digital security
- Knowledge of the human rights and women’s rights landscape in Central Asia & Eastern Europe
- Speaking/reading/writing fluency in Arabic, Russian and/or Turkish
- Experience living and/or working outside of the United States
- Experience using Salesforce database
Job Specifics & Work Environment:
This position is full time (40 hours per week) and is exempt. Position pay range is $60,000 to $75,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience and includes a strong benefits package (Health, Dental, retirement, Flex Spending for medical and transit). Position location is Oakland, California.
Urgent Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Strong benefits package (Health, Dental, retirement, Flex Spending for medical and transit).
Level of Language Proficiency
Speaking/reading/writing fluency in Arabic, Russian and/or Turkish is preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Program Officer” in the subject line. Cover letters may be addressed to the hiring manager: Shalini Eddens, Director of Programs. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The position is open until filled. No phone calls please.