Details: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
100 Cummings Center
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for maintaining accurate accounting records for the organization and all its partners, including managing the month end close process. The position is highly integral to ensuring senior management has timely financial data in order to implement and drive forward the organization's daily operations and strategic growth plan. Additionally, this role entails analyzing key financial drivers, managing cash, cash flow, and assisting management with strategic business and financial decisions.
- Together with the COO, manage the annual independent audit and other financial audits with external auditors.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Maintain monthly general ledger, cycle closing checklist, and status of monthly closings.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review and approve general journal activities, including cash receipts and cash disbursements.
- Review and approve general ledger account reconciliations, bank accounts reconciliations, and revenue/expense analyses.
- Review and prepare project job costing.
- Review, prepare and assist with accounting tasks related to the organization’s grants/donors including budget and cost reporting.
- Monitor, analyze and review accounts receivables and cash forecasting.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual federal tax returns 990’s and MA Form PC.
- Lead and assist in enhanced use of financial technology systems and tools.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting. Not-for-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools.
- Detail and deadline-oriented.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
The Senior Accountant will be based at the BHI office in Beverly, Massachusetts.
Health, dental, disability, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume.