917 South 47th Street
Mission Statement: Through high-quality music education for underserved children in Philadelphia, Play On Philly provides a transformative experience that develops the behaviors and personal skills youth need for a successful life.
Vision Statement: A Philadelphia where all children and youth aspire to achieve success, realize their potential for growth, and are instruments of change in our city.
Values: All Play On, Philly! Employees are expected to embody and encourage our organizational values of Equity and Inclusion, Passion and Excellence, Commitment and Accountability, and Community in all work-related responsibilities and relationships.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Program Director, the Site Manager for St. Francis de Sales School is responsible for ensuring smooth daily operations of the site.
- Supervise TAs, volunteers, interns, and fellows on site with respect to operational, logistical, and administrative activities needed to ensure optimal running of the program at St. Francis de Sales
- Provide clear instructions for all persons present onsite with respect to processes and tasks related to all non-classroom based tasks including, but not limited to, attendance, snack, and dismissal
- Provide feedback as needed with respect to performance in these areas
- Implement and enforce program policies and complete all administrative tasks associated with the management of day to day site operations.
- Ensure that POP is operating under facility guidelines
- Coordinate on-site arrival, attendance, snack and dismissal procedures
- Manage daily discipline policy established by POP
- Facilitate logistics for trips and events including site-based performances
- Utilize web-based database program for accurate maintenance of student records
- Support Music Director and Director of Curriculum and Instruction with rostering and room assignments
- Execute recruiting strategy
- Manage and maintain student citizenship program and council to offer exceptional students further leadership training and opportunities to contribute to the organization.
- Manage all tasks connected with providing snack for our students
- Ensure timely ordering, receipt and storage of snack
- Keep accurate distribution records and communicate with NDS as required
- Oversee parent communication for site
- Provide regular updates to families about upcoming events
- Distribute, collect, and record permission slips
- Ensure that all families are greeted upon arrival to site, feel welcome and are taken care of swiftly
- Support Teaching Artists by communicating discipline issues to families when needed
- Manage space and supplies for the site by ensuring that all classrooms are kept in order and maintaining an inventory of office and instrument supplies
- Serve as primary point of contact with partner site
- Manage coordination and execution of external evaluation testing with partners
- During the summer program, support Summer Manager and Program Staff in all operational and logistical functions including registration & enrollment for the coming school year.
- Other duties as assigned, not requiring materially different skills or competencies.
- As a member of the Program Staff, participate in the design of POP’s strategic programmatic initiatives and translate those strategies of excellence into effective work plans for POP’s programs, while embracing our collaborative working environment.
- Be open to learning and growing as a POP team member and encourage colleagues to do the same
- Proactively help POP students to be their best selves and create a safe, supportive environment for them to learn and grow
- Embrace the challenge of collecting and utilizing information that is integral to ensuring measurable and sustainable good for those that we serve.
- Model and encourage the use of timely, sensitive, and helpful positive and constructive feedback.
- Create brave spaces for team members and all staff to embrace vulnerability and accountability.
- Serve on program personnel hiring and selection panels as needed
- Manage budgets for related projects and responsibilities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume here.