The Community Ambassador is one of the go-to persons for Starfish families, guests, and the community. The Community Ambassador will be responsible for maintaining, in person and by phone, a professional and positive environment for all guests, having a broad understanding of Starfish and community programs and services. The role will also manage office support functions to ensure the headquarters building functions smoothly and efficiently, as well as develop and maintain templates for use by other reception areas across Starfish. The Community Ambassador will also work closely with the Development and Marketing team to support their efforts by supporting media efforts, responding to inquiries and/or coordinating donations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Greeting Area at Agency Headquarters
· Greet and receive all guests with hospitality and solutions orientation
· Ensure reception area is maintained and welcoming
· Enforce all safety protocols for entrance to building
· Answer incoming calls and operate multi-line telephone system
· Manage agency voicemail (listen, respond, distribute, track themes
· Build and maintain broad knowledge of Starfish programs and instructions for engagement to be able to respond to a diversity of inquiries from the community about accessing services or supporting the agency’s mission
· Gracefully redirect need or interest to better-suited partner organizations
Office Management Support
· Maintain agency-wide phone/contact list
· Manage HQ office supplies and manage inventory/distribution/invoicing
· Create and sustain system for safe receiving and distribution of agency postal mail
· Ensure for postage (imprint machine and stamps) and coordinate express mail services as needed.
· Receive and route any incoming fax messages
· Work with broader administrative support team to cross-train and ensure for coverage
· May also assist with duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, or mailings.
Partnership with In-Kind and Communications
· Partner with Community Engagement Specialist to support the receiving and safe storage of in-kind donations
· Coordinate and distribute employee-centered communications as needed
· Support the updating of website content associated to Current/Urgent news (i.e.: Covid updates)
· Support the timely response (direct or routing) to inquiries re: volunteering, donating, or attending an event
· Manage Starfish@ email - triage and redirect messages to appropriate Starfish department and team member
Manage Templates and Guidance for Reception Spaces across Starfish
· Develop continuously evolving outgoing voicemail message with present-tense information and accessible instructions for common inquiries; distribute for use to all Starfish locations
· Develop any rotating “front door” signage to be posted; distribute to broader reception team and/or leverage Safety Captains
· Develop, maintain, and distribute (quarterly?), broad referral resources to support additional reception-centered professionals and program-based partners who serve families and children directly
· Attend agency and departmental meetings and trainings
· Work collaboratively with colleagues, visitors, and clients to meet immediate needs and inquiries
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Comprehensive knowledge of office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and an interest to learn and implement new technologies.
· Hospitality-centered approach to professional presence and interactions; enthusiastic to be part of a diverse team.
· Have a tangible passion for children and families and be a powerful ambassador for the mission of Starfish.
· Highly motivated to be an active partner to peers and the public and engage with a solutions orientation.
· Ability to maintain a warm, energetic, positive approach while holding multiple projects and deadlines.
· Ability to succeed in an environment that includes disruption and a high level of foot-traffic and stimulation.
· Ability to connect and recover from interactions with people/families who may be seeking a support that Starfish does not provide and who express frustration; grace under duress to help connect to further community options.
· Ability to maintain exceptional boundaries and steward confidential information.
· Highly organized and able to build new systems to support efficiency.
· Ability to work independently and partner with colleagues who are working from a variety of locations.
· Dependable and (over time) able to predict needs and prevent challenges.
· Ability to consistently represent Starfish in a positive and professional manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma/GED, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Previous success in a public-facing customer service role preferred.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· You will use a phone and computer regularly to communicate with others, which may involve repeated use of your hands, wrists and fingers.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
· No adverse environmental conditions are expected.
At Starfish Family Services we do not just accept diversity – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our families, and our community. Starfish is proud to be an equal opportunity and trauma-informed workplace.
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list and additional tasks or duties may be assigned from time to time, or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
The Community Ambassador is one of the go-to persons for Starfish families, guests, and the community. The Community Ambassador will be responsible for maintaining, in person and by phone, a professional and positive…
Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage. We also offer Short and Long-Term Disability, Life/AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Accident, Hospital and Critical Illness programs, FSA/HSA accounts, and a 403(b) program which provides a generous employer maximum contribution of 4% on an employee contribution of 5%, available after 1 year of employment. In addition, 120 hours of PTO (paid time off) based on your service as of January 1 each year. We also provide ten paid holidays, three floating holidays designated at the discretion of our executive leadership team, and mental health days to assist employees with secondary trauma and burnout.
Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage. We also offer Short and Long-Term Disability, Life/AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Accident, Hospital and Critical Illness…