Details: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
5455 Wilshire Boulevard
As the world’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, GLAAD is at the forefront of accelerating acceptance to ensure fair, accurate, and inclusive representation that leads to cultural change.
For over 30 years, GLAAD has been a dynamic media force rewriting the script for LGBTQ acceptance. Our work tackles tough issues that shape the narrative and provoke dialogue that leads to cultural change.
GLAAD operates with support from foundations, corporations and individuals from every corner of the United States. We pride ourselves on recruiting a highly skilled staff of more than 50 people in multiple offices and managing an annual operating budget in excess of $12 million.
Reporting to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO), the Operations Manager will manage local and real-time operations that facilitate the smooth and efficiencent functioning of our Los Angeles office. This pivotal role will serve as a key liaison internally with other departments as well as with outside contacts servicing GLAAD’s LA and NY Operations functions.
This position will be based in the Los Angeles office but may require occasional travel to New York.
- Maintains a clean, organized and efficient LA office, including office supplies management, serving as the primary contact for LA and NY office Operations, IT, Finance vendors and landlord, and managing conference room calendars.
- Enacts contingency plans as needed for operational improvement projects involving office systems, layouts, equipment and supply procurement, maintenance of keys and parking approvals, etc.
- Directs activities and identifies potential problems, troubleshoots, and escalates issues to management when necessary.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Participates in post-mortem analysis of problems providing input for future process improvements.
- Takes corrective measures with authorization, escalate as needed.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Prior work in a mission-based non-profit organization is highly desirable.
- Three to five years general operations experience. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Highly developed management presence and the flexibility to lead, collaborate or assist as appropriate in each situation.
- Ability to maintain composure while working independently in a fast-paced, goal oriented team environment that values participation and consensus.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with exceptional attention to detail and technical know how
- Superb human relations skills, including a sense of humor, a positive can-do attitude and the humility to regularly incorporate feedback from others.
- Ability to work independently, work under little supervision and within a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel, work alternative work schedules as needed, including nights/weekends a must.
· US work authorization and the ability to pass both financial and criminal background check. Is required
· GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits for this position.
GLAAD is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to improving our culture by better reflecting the people we cover. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages, and we're taking active steps to meet this commitment. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented communities to apply, including LGBTQ people, women, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and a thoughtful cover letter to jobs@Glaad.org, indicating “LA-Operations Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with GLAAD. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.