Senior Director, Education and Annual Conference
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) is seeking a collaborative, mission-driven, and strategic leader to serve as the Senior Director, Education and Annual Conference. This role will provide strategic leadership for educational programming and the annual conference by leveraging APIC’s strategic plan, creating innovative and quality programming, and bringing best practicing to program execution. Working in collaboration with the Senior Director, Instructional Design and Professional Development, this position is responsible for successfully and effectively executing goals and strategies for the Education department, including the annual conference.
Major Responsibilities include:
· Participate in the positioning of the organization for excellence in program quality; understand and communicate APIC’s distinctiveness and impact story to internal and external audiences.
· Work with subject matter experts and appropriate groups to develop new curriculum, maintain updates to existing programs, and develop strategies and practices for curating APIC’s education content.
· Ensure established educational and financial goals and membership needs are met.
· Oversee education program performance including attendee experience, profitability targets, and outcome metrics; recommend modifications and/or potential new educational programs.
· Direct and oversee the development and implementation of creative, innovative, and engaging programs.
· Develop and execute high quality and innovative conference programs.
· Identify and acquire keynote/plenary speakers, providing leadership on the execution of the plenaries.
· Oversee budget development and goals of annual conference.
· Institute and maintain evaluation and assessment plans, including outcome measurements to track success and growth.
· Utilize post-meeting analysis to recommend improvements on conference experience and to increase overall conference revenue.
Qualified candidates will offer a Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Organizational Development, or related field plus seven to ten years of experience in a management role designing, promoting, and managing educational programs, preferably for healthcare professionals. APIC is seeking individuals with experience in an association setting, working with needs analysis and adult learning processes. Successful candidates will also have experience with financial management and business judgement and proven operational leadership skills.
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work environment and is based in Crystal City/Arlington, VA.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to the following job link: https://recruit.zoho.com/recruit/ViewJob.na?digest=wUKJ7psyOrA4CgEqKjvWGjKZrgA9VWarbZpYDWUaNpA-&embedsource=Embed
Minimum Education Required