Details: Dependent on experience
Who we are:
Founded in 1966, CRLA’s mission is to fight for justice and individual rights alongside the most exploited communities of our society. Through a network of regional offices and cross-cutting programs, CRLA provides legal services to over 27,000 low-income people annually. Our work impacts farmworkers, individuals with disabilities, immigrant populations, LGBT communities, women, children and families in rural areas.
Position: Payroll Manager
Experience: 3 years of payroll processing experience
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Location: CRLA Oakland Office
Term of Employment: Temporary (6 months), Full-Time
Other: FLSA Non-Exempt, Non-Union Position
- Review all employee timekeeping documents for accuracy.
- Work closely with hourly employees to ensure timely receipt and accuracy of timekeeping documents.
- Assist management with trainings in properly review of employee time sheets.
- Record overtime, all leaves and time without pay into the payroll system.
- Review and process all Personnel Action Notices in the payroll processing system.
- Process payroll changes, voluntary and mandatory deduction changes location changes and/or department changes to ensure accuracy of employee payroll.
- Process employee separation and/or leave requests ensuring accuracy of final paycheck including any accumulated leave payable upon separation.
- Ensure that all federal and state laws, guidelines and regulations are adhered to in regard to payroll processing.
- Maintain employee payroll files on a current basis and employee leave accumulations in the payroll system.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding proposed personnel changes related to access to budget projection information.
- Respond to employee questions regarding salary, mandatory and voluntary payroll deductions, pay periods and leave accumulations.
- Prepare and issue check requests in timely manner for involuntary deductions such as garnishments to appropiate authority.
- Reconcile payroll liability accounts to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Work with Finance Director when necessary, to allocate employee time among locations and funding sources.
- Assist in report preparation with the Human Resources Director and/or CFO regarding projections, current costs and long range planning.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience processing payroll with an outside service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with personnel/payroll information and financial projections.
- Excellent organizational skills, with attention to detail with ability to work accurately in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Great interpersonal skills to interact in a positive manner with diverse staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer knowledgeable (MS Windows) with automated accounting/payroll/cloud base systems prefer Paycom (HRIS).
CRLA invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
Compensation & Benefits:
Based on a competitive public interest union salary scale; generous benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K retirement plan contribution. Fourteen (14) paid Holidays, generous vacation and sick leave policy.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW: