Director, Portfolio Analysis and Reporting (Credit and Portfolio Management Group)
- Job posted by Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC)
1500 Market Street
Suite 2600 West
Position Title: Director, Portfolio Analysis and Reporting
Reports to: Senior Credit Officer
Department/Business Unit: Credit and Portfolio Management Group
Status: Full-time, Exempt Position
The Director, Portfolio Analysis and Reporting is a newly created position in response to the significant growth, diversity and complexity of our lending portfolio. The position is part of the Credit and Portfolio Management team. The total portfolio consists of approximately 500 loans and investments totaling $620 MM that includes small business lending, real estate project finance, and contractor lines of credit. The small business portfolio in particular has grown from 46 loans totaling $14.5 million in 2011 to 97 loans totaling $18.5 million at the end of 2017. The position is responsible for design of reports, implementation, oversight and organization of data collection and analysis of data collected from PIDC clients. The incumbent will work closely with PIDC’s Project Finance and Small Business lending teams.
The Director, Portfolio Analysis and Reporting is primarily responsible for providing detailed and extensive financial modeling, evaluating risk, loan monitoring and performance oversight for the all PIDC assets under management. The Director will evaluate the impact of both proposed and approved transactions pursuant to a designated funding source and loan portfolio in the context of overall risk parameters of PIDC and its affiliates. The Director will gather data regarding a portfolio of small business loans and project financing investments to identify loans that are at risk.
The Director, Portfolio Analysis and Reporting will work under the direction of the Senior Credit Officer to analyze PIDC’s portfolio-wide performance and risk; and assist the Portfolio Management team to develop and implement strategies to intervene with clients prior to work-out. This individual will prepare and deliver financial and outcomes analyses that will allow management to make decisions on new capitalization, risk mitigation and compliance in a manner that supports the continued growth of lending transactions consistent with PIDC’s mission of driving growth to every corner of Philadelphia.
Primary Responsibilities - Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Spreading and analyzing the quarterly and annual financial statements for PIDC borrowers, as required, and providing an assessment of trends in financial performance;
- Review rent rolls, leasing reports and relevant project reports or updates;
- Work closely with Senior Credit Officer and Vice President, Loan Administration to prepare detailed quarterly portfolio reports, with a focus on trend analysis, portfolio concentrations and problem loans;
- Conduct Annual Review of loan portfolio, with results to be reported Loan Committee;
- Prepare Borrower Data Sheet to outline brief background, risks, mitigants and projected performance benchmarks to be measured annually;
- Update Borrower Data Sheets on an annual basis;
- Track Borrower loan covenants and other compliance requirements and prepare exception reports;
- Provide support to Financial Services, Financial Reporting, Capitalization, Compliance and Business Development functions with data including portfolio performance, impact data and outcomes.
- Collaborate with Financial Reporting on the quarterly evaluation of the allowance for loan losses, collateral sufficiency and capital reserves.
- Develop appropriate systems and procedures to ensure the accuracy of the reporting of loan portfolio data.
- Inputting annual and quarterly financial statements into Portfol (or comparable data management system) and electronic records system (Laserfische).
- Support the Vice President, Loan Administration on the overall portfolio performance, troubled loan monitoring and loan modifications to be presented to Loan Committee.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years work experience; graduate degree a plus.
- 2+ years of professional experience in community or economic development, preferred.
- Ability to meet deadline and lead projects to completion.
- Demonstrated experience working with financial institutions, foundations, and other institutions that support community development.
- Demonstrated experience conducting/participating in quantitative (i.e., statistical, spatial, econometric) and qualitative (i.e., observational, interviews) projects.
- Advanced critical thinking skills, exhibited by the ability to take information from a wide variety of sources and synthesize/analyze the information.
- Superior writing and editing skills, including ability to covey complex quantitative information in a clear manner to a diverse audience; high attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple task in an effective and efficient manner; ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to collaborate across teams within PIDC.
- Mature, focused, self-motivated and commitment to successful relationship building with external partners.
- Superior quantitative analytical and organizational skills required; Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to community development required.
- Minimal travel required, approximately <5% travel.
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
- Must be a Philadelphia, PA resident or be willing to relocate within six months of accepting the position.
PIDC is an equal opportunity employer.
PIDC provides a comprehensive array of employee benefits including generous leave time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required