Alteristic seeks an Assistant Director of Training to serve as part of the program leadership team and support in departmental planning and supervision of Senior Trainers. Reporting to the Director of Training, the Assistant Director is responsible for leading a team of trainers and ensuring quality trainings. The Assistant Director will also manage assigned projects and oversee the successful execution of Alteristic trainings and technical assistance.
Alteristic is a high-growth, mission-driven organization dedicated to the dramatic reduction of power-based personal violence. This position is both strategic and facilitative and requires a combination of focus, flexibility, emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and strong project management skills. The ideal candidate has exemplary interpersonal and public speaking skills, is highly collaborative, and excels in entrepreneurial environments.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience, and our benefits package includes health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, generous leave, and retirement. Position will be based in Springfield, Virginia and there will be 25% travel associated with the job. Travel percentage could be higher at times, depending on demand.
Team Management and Development
- Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Training and in partnership with other Assistant Directors, oversee a team of trainers while ensuring ongoing excellence using various training theories
- Assist in developing and implementing plans and goals for the department
- Work with the Director of Training and VP of Programs to coordinate and supervise daily operations of an assigned team of trainers
- Develop detailed learning goals/objectives for the team in a fixed schedule, while continually adjusting as the organization continues to learn and grow
- Play a mentorship role to key training personnel, assisting in the execution of their duties upon request, honing their skills, and continuously fostering an open feedback process
- Provide training and technical assistance in the domains of power-based personal violence prevention (sexual assault, intimate partner violence, harassment, stalking, bullying, and child abuse) and effective community mobilization including but not limited to the Green Dot Violence Prevention strategy.
- Contribute as a team member to prevention program curriculum development for diverse stakeholders (K-12, college, military, neighborhoods, communities of color); media development; online presence; innovative community mobilization strategies, etc.
- Oversee assigned projects.
- Minimum master’s degree
- Experience supervising employees required
- Experience working in this field of interpersonal violence is strongly preferred
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach, manage and develop high-performance teams
- Project management experience required
- Experience in a training and development capacity, with a track record in developing, training and leading high-performing remote teams a plus
- Dynamic and persuasive trainer
- Excellent leadership abilities, interpersonal and collaborative skills, speaking and writing skills, strong listening skills, organizational skills,
- and the ability to simultaneously engage in and manage multiple priorities
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.