The Water Environment Federation is seeking a Data Specialist to join its Membership team.
This position will be responsible for ensuring WEF’s membership data and reports have integrity and validity; responsible for running reports to help validate data and assisting with monthly cleanup processes; assisting with the creation of membership reports and queries for WEF membership projects, dues, and renewals; responsible for ensuring data accuracy, identifying and resolving critical barriers and issues with membership data; providing overall AMS-related project support to the WEF Membership Department; providing WEF’s local member associations with required queries and monthly reports; and assisting with troubleshooting, as necessary.
· Generates weekly and monthly reports to help the Sr. Director and Sr. Manager track membership recruitment and retention progress.
· Performs regular quality control reviews on membership data to assure the maintenance of high-quality data; corrects data (as necessary) in the AMS.
· Maintain database integrity through regular audits of membership data entered by external customer service vendor, which includes conducting weekly quality assurance on the database. Includes, but is not limited to, reviewing new membership records created, address updates, contact entry, etc.
· Assists with monthly renewal billing for membership.
· Responsible for inputting of market codes and data for membership recruitment campaigns.
· Generates and delivers accurate AMS reports and list requests for membership recruitment, retention, and reinstatement campaigns.
· Works collaboratively with Membership and Information Technology teams to prepare and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) involving membership data processes.
· Distributes monthly e-mail renewal reminders to expiring members.
· Generates, reviews and reconciles assigned standard month-end reports accurately and distribute to appropriate team members or member associations.
· Manages weekly exception reports to flag data anomalies to ensure accurate data entry and online processing for member data and payments.
· Assists the Senior Manager of Membership with annual Exhibitor renewal process to include generation of invoices and mailing list.
· Works with Senior Director of Membership & Customer Relations on the annual dues renewal process to include generating data for dues report, updating dues amount in AMS, contacting MA’s with missing dues information and performing data input quality checks.
· Proactively make recommendations and suggestions to Senior Director, Membership & Customer Relations on member data process improvements and additional reporting recommendations.
· Provides support for other membership data-related tasks, as necessary.
· Associate or bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
· Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in a membership association or similar organization managing chapters or affiliates is required.
· Experience in the preparation and fulfillment of data reports required.
· Experience and understanding of reconciling chapter or affiliate dues desirable.
· Experience with Aptify, Personify, iMIS or NetForum Enterprise AMS preferred.
· Strong ability to synthesize and analyze information.
· Demonstrated ability to develop good relationships with members and co-workers. Must be comfortable working within a highly, collaborative team.
· Robust attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy of information, including the ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data.
· Excellent customer-service ethic and responsiveness.
· Ability to work collaboratively in formal teams and informal working groups, as well as independently.
· Ability to work well under pressure, determine priorities, and produce results.
· Excellent organizational skills. Must be detail-oriented and strong multi-tasking ability, often with tight and/or changing deadlines.
· Solid skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and other productivity tools.
· Strong written and oral communication skills and able to present information persuasively to different audiences.
· Must demonstrate accuracy and seek to improve/promote quality in the organization while exhibiting objectivity and openness to others’ views.
· This person will work primarily in an office environment using standard office equipment.
WEF is an equal opportunity employer
Minimum Education Required