Statewide Volunteer Sourcing Coordinator
77 Church Street
The Court Appointed Special Advocates of NJ (CASA) Statewide Volunteer Sourcing Coordinator is a full-time, contracted position with CASA of NJ. The main objective of the position is to conduct volunteer sourcing of CASA child advocates through the development of partnerships with regional and statewide corporations and membership organizations. Trained CASA volunteers serve as advocates in Family Court and in the community for children who have been removed from their homes as a result of abuse or neglect and placed in foster care or other out-of-home living situations.
A successful Statewide Volunteer Sourcing Coordinator will also establish positive, productive relationships with local CASA program Executive Directors and Recruiters. This individual will connect local CASA programs with interested individuals and groups through on-site presentations at businesses and membership organizations. Once a hand-off of the interested party is made, the local CASA program will carry out its regular volunteer vetting process.
The CASA Statewide Volunteer Sourcing Coordinator position is housed at CASA of NJ’s New Brunswick headquarters and reports to its Executive Director. Preparation of monthly performance reports, mileage logs, and other records of activities and events will be required of the successful candidate.
The CASA Statewide Volunteer Sourcing Coordinator will be required to attend CASA pre-service training and orientation and pass a Criminal Background and Child Abuse Registry Information (CARI) checks. In addition, this individual must own an insured vehicle and possess a valid NJ’s driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- A passion for CASA and its mission.
- A hard-working, results-oriented and outgoing person who wants to make a difference for children in crisis.
- Demonstrated public speaking, networking, writing, relationship-building, and interpersonal communication skills. Experience working in a corporate environment preferred.
- An ability to establish and maintain a wide network of personal and business contacts.
- A willingness to travel locally and statewide and maintain a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
- A reliable individual who has the ability to work semi-independently.
- Assertive and mature, with the ability to succeed within a competitive environment, with spectrum of personalities and work styles.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. A major or minor in business preferred.
- Two to four years of experience working as a recruiter or similar occupation.
- An understanding and appreciation of volunteer-based organizations.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required