Details: TBD based on experience, potential room, board, and utilities available
Title: Dean of McAuley Hall
Reports To: Interim Executive Director
Supervises: Residential Staff, Fellows, Academic and Student Life Coordinators
Salary: TBD based on experience, potential room, board, and utilities available
In alignment with the Boys Hope Girls Hope mission and values and under the supervision of the Interim Executive Director, the Dean of McAuley Hall; oversees, coordinates, and manages the residential program at McAuley Hall, our all-girls’ residence. The Dean will ensure quality scholar case management, staff supervision, facilitation and documentation of systems, and creating a safe, comfortable, and home-like facility. In addition, the Dean of McAuley Hall has direct responsibility in the design and smooth implementation of various aspects of the BHGHNY program. The Dean of McAuley Hall supported by the Interim Executive Director, the College and Academic Directors, and the Therapist; manages efforts of parent engagement, character education, leadership and civic engagement, and independent life skills development.
1. Scholar Supervision and Care
- Direct supervision of residential staff responsible for the daily care and guidance of residential scholars
- Direct supervision of residential scholars
- Oversee the student conduct process for all female scholars
2. Community Standards & Residence Hall Expectations:
- Supervise all Residential Managers and Residential Fellows to create and support a living environment that consistently and continually celebrates order, intellectual curiosity, growth, and academic achievement; honors service to others; and promotes a sense of community and belonging that reflects BHGHNY’s mission and core values
- Foster open and supportive communication with scholars and staff, have meaningful direct interactions, and assist them in conflict resolution techniques in workshops and individually.
- Set positive and collaborative tone and oversee the creation of rituals, practices, and habits that contribute to a strong and supportive community.
- Educate scholars and staff on all rules and guidelines and communicates with them regarding the rationale behind policy and procedure—emphasizing the educational and developmental value of the standards to which they are held.
- Encourage and establish avenues for gratitude, graciousness, and etiquette.
3. Residential and Program Services and Case Management
- Maintain Student Case Records and Residential Profiles for every residential scholar.
- Coordinate residential service delivery for the full development of the child
- Develop and maintain systems to facilitate communication, delegation of duties, and coordination of work within the home.
- Establish and maintain the routine and schedule of the home according to BHGH policies
- Manage residential budget, incorporating systems of accountability and documentation and make recommendations to the COO and head of Finance for budget planning.
- Ensure the proper maintenance and upkeep of the facility for the safety and positive appearance of the McAuley home.
- Coordinate or oversee the coordination of program events and efforts including Parent Report Card nights, Value Awards, The Christmas Party, Bike Tour, Dorm Cup, and other student life events.
4. Residential Staff Orientation, Training, and Supervision
- Assist in conducting new staff orientation and ongoing staff training
- Assume responsibility for residential staff scheduling and delegation of duties.
- Directly supervise each member of the residential staff on the day to day functions of the dorm.
5. Formation and Community Relations
- Manage parent engagement efforts, and ensure proper communication between the program and residential scholars’ parents/guardians
- Understand and navigate the Partner school relationship, building positive relationships with key Cristo Rey Brooklyn staff.
- Research, establish and maintain relationships with other service providers in the community who can assist the residential program and ensure positive relationships between them and the residential staff and scholars.
6. Operations & Facilities Oversight
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Operation Officer to oversee the operational functions for residence hall such as building needs, damage assessment & reporting, housekeeping, and maintenance requests
- Oversee the residential staff to ensure that the residence hall is well-maintained and presentable at all times and that facility issues are immediately reported and/or attended to
- Ensure that thorough room and building inspections during the school year & school breaks and at the end of the school year;
- Works with the COO to ensure procurement of furnishings, facility management in renovation planning, communicates work orders, and repair and replacement needs
Required Skills and Background:
Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred) with at least 5 years of previous work experience as a Dean/Director of Students or in Residential Life at a high school, college, or college access or youth development organization. We are seeking a strategic thinker with experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating effective youth education programs. Candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, high level of flexibility, and demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities. The DOMH is a self-starter who takes initiative and works well in a fast paced environment both independently and collaboratively. Passion for education equality, social justice, and youth development are a must. The candidate must also possess strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills. Spanish language proficiency and a valid driver's license are a plus.
Competitive salary, health and dental insurance, 401K matching program, generous time-off policy
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position
- a resume