190 Academy Road
REPORTS TO: Assistant Minister
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: This position is responsible for coordinating and supporting programming for youth in middle and high school to include education, social activities and community service.
WORK SCHEDULE: This 15 hr/wk; 42 wks/yr; non-exempt position includes presence at youth group meetings and events, usually scheduled for Sundays; participation in weekly supervisory meeting with the Assistant Minister; when requested, attendance at the monthly Religious Education Committee meeting.
Applicant must have weekends, especially Sunday mornings and evenings available. Remaining hours are flexible and may vary from week to week.
1. Support programming for grades 6 through 12 to create meaningful and exciting experiences, including coordination and support of volunteers and mentors
2. Provide administrative support to middle and high school youth groups; maintain attendance, permission documents and program notes as needed
3. Communicate with youth, their families and the congregation
4. Collaborate with Ministers and Music Directors to plan intergenerational or youth-led worship services in the sanctuary
5. Provide guidance and support to youth as needed. Seek supervision from ministers for all significant concerns and in any case where a youth might harm him/herself or others. Honor confidentiality.
6. Facilitate integration of youth into the life of the congregation
7. Undertake other duties as requested by the Assistant Minister
8. Implement Safe Congregation guidelines
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires work experience with teens and education, preferably in a setting with volunteer staff. The individual will have demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work independently. Comfort with liberal religious philosophy essential.
Applicant must be at least 25 years of age.
Applicant must have strong interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of comfort interacting and communicating with teens, their families and other members of the congregation.
EDUCATION: Required BA or BS, or equivalent experience in a youth related field
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATIONS: Applicant must comply with requirements of Safe Congregation Policy prior to active employment including background check.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required