Details: Salary is commensurate with nonprofit salary
District of Columbia
The Digital Communications Manager for Healthy Babies Bright Futures (HBBF) is responsible for the development, management and execution of HBBF digital communications efforts working collaboratively with HBBF leaders and partner organizations and reporting to the Communications Director. This position will also provide support to the Communication Director for overall communications needs. A self-disciplined and well-organized person with a flexible personality, positive attitude and willingness to learn are essential. A background in Marketing, Communications or Digital Media is required. This position is remote.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Developing and executing plans that advance HBBF goals and its mission as an alliance through digital platforms and resources;
- Understanding the landscape of partner organizations and supporting integrated and coordinated communications efforts that benefit both HBBF and partner organizations;
- Working closely with the Communications Director and other staff to develop strong and consistent campaign messaging and strategies supported through digital communications plans;
- Developing, executing and managing email communications strategies, to include crafting original written content, working effectively in a standard marketing automation platform while maximizing its creative tools, and measuring performance data;
- Alongside the administrative manager, managing email list data in a CRM platform;
- Developing and executing customized lead generation plans based on HBBF’s target audience and goals;
- Alongside the Communications Director, developing an engaging a social media strategy that supports HBBF’s objectives and goals;
- Managing and executing HBBF’s social media posts and online presence;
- Managing the HBBF website, blog and micro-sites while helping to develop strategies that drive traffic and maximize engagement of target audiences;
- Participating in regular staff- and partner-based conference calls and meetings to coordinate and collaborate with partners’ communications efforts;
- Building strong collaborative relationships to serve the needs of HBBF and its partners;
- Understanding and being well-versed in HBBF issues, major activities and priorities;
- Assisting with logistics of communications outreach projects;
- Tracking metrics and developing timely reports with topline summaries;
- Assisting the Communications Director with media relations efforts as needed;
- Crafting and editing high quality, mistake-free content including news releases, fact sheets, bylined articles, pitch letters, Q&A's, social media content, newsletters, general correspondence, and other materials as needed;
- Ensuring deadlines are met while handling multiple projects;
- Managing the budget and workload of freelancers and vendors to ensure on-time, on budget and high-quality outputs;
- Other duties as assigned by the Communications Director.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Digital Media, Public Relations, or Journalism.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of communications, marketing or digital media is required, preferably with a non-profit or purpose-driven organization.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with digital and mobile platforms including CMS and CRM platforms, email marketing software, social media management tools, project management software and cloud services for online file hosting and sharing.
- Familiarity with paid acquisition, basic marketing automation, basic web analytics and SEO best practices.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design and website development or a willingness to learn;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; • Proven track record for being a self-starter and working independently; • Ability to manage both long and short-term projects;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, and an ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines;
- Understanding of emerging communications trends and innovations;
- Ability to adapt quickly and easily to new technology;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team as well as a self-starter;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic communications plans;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite;
- A creative thinker who thrives on working with teams in applying high-level strategy and storylines throughout all tactical elements;
- Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge and learning, and demonstrates continual improvement in communications skills;
- Positive, flexible attitude that lends itself to effective internal relationships;
- Ability to navigate through an environment of constant change – and demonstrates ability to see and create opportunities with every change;
- Comfortable working in a highly matrixed team with dispersed colleagues and partners;
- Efficiency in written content development, reporting, presentation development and online research;
- Able to work and deliver with minimal in-person supervision;
- Excellent work management skills.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Previous non-profit and/or advocacy experience is helpful, but not required;
- Photography/videography experience and the ability to edit photos and video is a plus, but not required;
- Basic web development and HTML skills is helpful, but not required.
- Exceptional communicator;
- Positive attitude with energy to do what it takes to get the job done;
- Willingness to learn;
- Self-disciplined to work with remote supervision;
- Well organized;
- Flexibility and adaptability.
Reporting and Accountability
- The Digital Communications Manager will coordinate with and report to the HBBF Communications Director
- Full time
- Salary is commensurate with nonprofit salary
- Competitive benefits package
- Minimal travel per year
• Competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, an example of your work and a writing sample to Stephanie Stohler at email@example.com by March 26, 2018 with “Digital Communications Manager” in the subject line.
New Venture Fund Careers Healthy Babies Bright Futures (HBBF) is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working