1147 W Jackson Blvd
POSITION TITLE: Development Coordinator
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Manager of Donor Engagement and Development Operations
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is seeking an entry/ junior level professional to join the Development Team. HSDC’s Development Coordinator will work closely with the entire development staff to implement fundraising goals by supporting the data, research, and gift processing for the development department. This individual will manage donor and patron records in Tessitura, generate gift acknowledgements, execute prospect research, and develop reports for data analysis and gift tracking. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to learn more about how a development department functions, to support the work of a leading contemporary dance company and school, and to begin a professional career in fundraising.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Under the supervision of the Manager of Donor Engagement and Development Operations, maintain up-to-date and accurate records for donor information and contributions in the Tessitura database.
· Generate and mail gift acknowledgements and tax receipts using Tessitura and Microsoft Word.
· Generate weekly gift reports and monthly budget analysis.
· Research prospective donors and create donor profiles for fundraising calls and board recruitment.
· Assist in donor recognition implementation by generating accurate lists of donors for program books and the annual report.
· Assist in the development and generation of mailing lists for various purposes throughout the year.
· Maintain protocols for use of Tessitura and provide support to all HSDC staff users of the Tessitura system.
· Work with Tessitura consultants to schedule and attend Tessitura user-group training meetings.
· Assist the Finance Department by compiling gift documentation during the annual audit.
- Assist with coordination of various donor activities and special events as assigned.
- Applicant should have at least one year of related work experience in data management, possess excellent technological and organizational skills and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The applicant should demonstrate the ability to exercise discretion and appropriate judgment with confidential materials.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and a team-oriented attitude are essential.
- Knowledge of maintaining and analyzing donor/ patron data and experience in prospect research is highly desirable.
- Experience with working with a database is highly desirable.
- Applicant should be skilled with Microsoft Office applications.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.