District of Columbia
EdOps is looking for a mission-driven individual who excels at working with clients in diverse organizations, and who is looking to apply analytical and quantitative skills in a growing company striving to improve public education. The ideal candidate will live in Baltimore and desire to make a positive impact in the city. A customer-service mentality is a must, as the work depends on building successful relationships with school clients. Regular on-site visits to schools will be part of the job, but there will also be opportunities to telework.
Effectiveness in the position requires both extreme attention to detail and big-picture strategic thinking as the responsibilities include “in the weeds” accounting and C-suite financial consulting support to school leaders. EdOps essentially fills multiple varied roles in a school’s business office, including bookkeeper, payroll and AP clerk, controller, and CFO.
- 2 to 5 years of work experience, preferably in a related field
- Strong MS Excel skills and financial modeling (familiarity with accounting software a plus)
- Financial analysis and problem solving skills
- MBA, MPP, MPA or other advanced degree with analytical focus
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough, detail-oriented and quality-conscious individual who can balance multiple assignments
- Commitment to education and knowledge of charter schools a major plus
- Ability to travel within Baltimore and to D.C. occasionally and work non-standard hours to attend evening board meetings, etc.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply visit http://www.baltimorecorps.org/finance-specialist-edops and click on the red button "Apply Through Place For Purpose".