Details: Annual Stipend Amount-See application and Link for further description and information
3031 West Grand Boulevard
New Center One, STE 470
AmeriCorps members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. The AmeriCorps member will serve as an integral member of Accounting Aid Society team to support our financial empowerment initiative with the goal of creating on economy that works for all.
Accounting Aid Society in Detroit is seeking 5 AmeriCorps member for a one year commitment beginning 9/1/2018.
- 32 Hours per Week, flexible when needed
- Member will plan and facilitate a local Show Me The Money Day event by building partnerships, creating marketing materials and plans, recruiting volunteers and soliciting grants and in-kind donations.
- Member will plan and orchestrate a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance site(s) within their community.
- Member will recruit volunteers, solicit space, donations and grants and market the opportunity to the community. Member will plan activities, trainings and workshops for clients, volunteers and the community at large around financial literacy and empowerment.
- Member may also provide marketing and outreach assistance to drive attendees to workshops, trainings or one-on-one sessions. Assist with volunteer training and tax site supervisor.
Interested??? Learn More:
- $13,732 Living Allowance (full year) $5,920 Education Award upon completion of service (full year)
- Health Insurance
- Child Care Assistance
- Training Opportunities Professional Development
- Loan Forbearance
- Mileage Reimbursement
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply direct using the link provided.