546 East Main Street
Legal Aid of the Bluegrass seeks an Intake Paralegal for its Morehead, KY based office with a 50-year history of making a positive impact in Kentucky. The Intake Paralegal conducts intake interviews, develops client service requests, determines income, asset and case type eligibility and gives legal advice to eligible clients in a manner that is consistent with the Kentucky Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Perform general initial factual intake to determine whether the applicant for service is income, resource, and case type eligible for LABG services.
- Give legal advice to eligible clients under the supervision of an attorney as permitted by Kentucky’s Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Work with private attorneys as required to facilitate the delivery of legal services to low-income people.
- Enter accurate data into LABG’s electronic case management system.
- Interact with clients, other staff members, service providers, in a professional, appropriate, collegial, and cooperative manner. Establish and maintain relationships with clients to establish trust and obtain accurate and complete information.
- Actively participate in staff and planning meetings, task forces, and trainings as required.
- Perform and complete other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Skill & Abilities include:
- Four-year degree from an accredited College or University or an Associate’s Degree in Paralegal or Legal Studies, or have equivalent experience
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate verbally and in writing and have a pleasant telephone demeanor.
- Ability to use office and computer technology, including case management and word processing software.
Legal Aid of the Bluegrass is a non-profit law firm providing civil legal assistance to nearly 220,000 low income people in 33 counties from 4 offices located in Covington, Lexington, Morehead and Ashland. Legal Aid of the Bluegrass’ legal practice is primarily in the areas of family law, domestic violence, government and VA benefits, and housing and consumer law. Legal Aid of the Bluegrass is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and encourages professional development. The position is open until filled.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified Candidates should send resume and statement of interest to Resumes@lablaw.org with the subject line Intake Paralegal-Morehead