2917 East 1st. Street, Suite 101
Organizational Background: Founded in 1995, East LA Community Corporation's (ELACC's) mission is to advocate for economic and social justice in Boyle Heights and Unincorporated East Los Angeles by building affordable housing, grassroots leadership, self-sufficiency and access to economic development opportunities for low and moderate-income families.
We are looking for a tenacious, disciplined and creative team member who is seeking to learn and grow with our team. The Assistant Project Manager (APM), working under the direction of a Project Manager and the Director of Real Estate Development, assists in a full range of development and related activities for a variety of housing development projects. Qualified individuals have basic knowledge of affordable housing development and highly motivated to learn the diversity of tasks, talents, and skills needed to successfully move a project from concept to operations. The APM is an ELACC team member that leads their core project and fulfills their responsibilities to the entire team by actively fundraising, supporting organization wide projects, participating in all staff planning sessions, and being part of achieving the organization mission and vision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for researching and securing funding sources to support feasibility, pre-development, construction and permanent loan phases of development.
- Assist in securing entitlements for new projects in the ELACC’s pipeline
- Assist in procuring, contracting with, and managing a variety of development related vendors, consultants, and contractors.
- Assist in conducting due diligence on properties during the acquisition and predevelopment phases, working with various consultants to obtain necessary reports and studies; Perform tax credit application related tasks including development of supportive service plans, obtaining utility availability letters and creating amenity maps; Responsible for maintaining multiple budgets and financial pro forma throughout the development process.
- Assist with obtaining clearances during the plan check process in order to obtain building permits; Manage the process for requesting funding from lenders in order to pay project invoices and repay predevelopment and construction sources with permanent funding sources
- Collaborate with Housing Organizer in developing and implementing resident engagement activities
- Provide support with loan closings including working with attorneys, lenders, investors, and escrow and title companies in the coordination and delivery of due diligence, legal and financial documents
- Manage transition of completed developments from development to operation
- Participate in department, ELACC and other staff or industry meetings and activities
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and work experience and/or graduate level coursework in a field supporting the job requirements
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines.
- Bilingual English-Spanish desired: ability to speak in Spanish and work with monolingual Spanish residents.
- High degree of independence, motivation, and accountability
- Work well in a team-oriented environment and ability to work independently, managing multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of Boyle Heights and East LA and/or have worked with similar demographics preferred.
- Commitment to our mission.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Compensation: Annual salary to be negotiated depending on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time non- exempt position with good benefits package including health, dental, life and disability insurance, and retirement account.
Minimum Education Required