The goal of Project SERVE is to provide quality workforce development programing to unemployed or underemployed adults and returning citizens. The program aims to help these individuals remove barriers and gain access to employment. Services offered by Project SERVE include pre-release and re-entry support, life skills training, case management, mentoring, workforce credentialing, job placement and subsidized employment.
Operating for over 20 years, Project SERVE provides paid on-the-job training in marketable skills like landscaping, waste removal, demolition, carpentry, and construction while revitalizing neighborhoods in Baltimore. The Project SERVE Director is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of the program, work completed for the grants and contracts, participant training and development, and case management services. The Project SERVE Director reports to the Managing Director of Workforce Development.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Provide oversight of program planning, development, and management
- Ensure compliance with all grant requirements/obligations
- Motivate and maintain a high performing team by working with the Managing Director of Workforce Development to recruit and hire new staff as appropriate, assure effective training/development of current and new staff and evaluate staff performance
- Ensure client files are accurately and securely maintained according to Living Classrooms Foundation’s policy
- Provide oversight/compliance of case management services through a system of care in conjunction with the Senior Case Manager
- Work closely with senior staff in the collection of data and report writing
- Ensure evaluation and continuous improvement of programming and implement new program ideas in colloboration with Special Projects Manager, Operations Manager, Senior Case Manager, Grants and Contracts Manager, and Managing Director of Workforce Development
- Make presentations about Project SERVE in the community, to the Living Classrooms Foundation Board of Trustees, during VIP tours, and distribute information and answer inquires about programs and services
- Adhere to the organization’s Strategic Plan while assisting the Managing Director of Workforce Development in the development of the program’s work plan
- Ensure program outcome goals are met or exceeded
- Implement Evidence-Based Best Practices in all program areas
- Develop employer partners and work contracts for program’s training components
- In coordination with Special Projects Manager and Operations Manager, plan, budget, and document all aspects of projects
- Assist with the coordination and completion of all special projects within scope of work
- Set deadlines, monitor, and summarize progress of projects with Special Projects Manager and Operations Manager
- In coordination with Grants and Contracts Manager, prepare reports of projects and grants status
- Track Special Projects performance, specifically, to analyze the successful completion of short and long term projects
- Work closely with the Accounting Department to manage the program’s budget, tracking all expense in accordance with the operating budget plan and grant line items of expenses.
- Work closely with the Development Department to seek additional funding sources, assist with grant proposals and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or a minimum of 3 years previous experience with managing a workforce development program, implementation, and evaluation of projects; fiscal management and financial systems; staff management and development
- Must have strong administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in an efficient manner
- Experience in a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to create new opportunities for program growth
- Driven to attain measurable results
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment