250 Meetinghouse Road
The Quaker School at Horsham is looking for a K - 8 Special Education teacher for the 2018-19 school year:
· Teach a homeroom of 8-10 students with complex challenges
· Collaboratively plan and deliver appropriate learning experiences for students with disabilities.
· Provide direct and indirect instructional support to students in a positive environment.
· Employ special educational strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of language, cognition, and memory.
· Instruct students in academic subjects using a variety of techniques such as phonetics, multi-sensory learning, and repetition to reinforce learning and to meet students' varying needs and interests.
· Teach socially acceptable behavior and reinforce student’s social skills
· Communicate with families
· Maintain accurate and complete student records and prepare reports on children.
· Have a joy of learning and working with children
· Master’s degree in special education preferred
· Special education teaching and intervention experience preferred
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Quaker School at Horsham (TQS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap/disability, citizenship, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law in its programs, activities or employment practices
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org