The Bridge, an innovative and well respected mental health agency serving adults with serious mental illness, substance abuse, co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, and co-morbid medical conditions is seeking a Director of Substance Abuse Services.
Scope of Position: The Director of Substance Abuse Services is responsible for overseeing the administrative and clinical operation of The Bridge’s OASAS certified Article 822 Outpatient Treatment and Rehabilitation Programs. These programs serve adults who have a primary substance abuse diagnosis and those diagnosed with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders. In addition, the Director participates and supports the provision of Home and Community-Based Services to individuals with these same diagnoses. In collaboration with the Senior Vice President of Outpatient Services the Director will ensure that her/his programs provide services that are accessible, effective, compliant with all applicable regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures and financially sustainable. As part of the Outpatient Services management team the Director will play an active role in developing and sustaining a comprehensive recovery-oriented, trauma informed continuum of outpatient programs.
- Master’s degree in a social service related field from an accredited college and five years of professional experience, including full-time line management and/or supervisory experience. NY State licensure (LCSW, LMHC, LCAT, etc.) required. CASAC preferred.
- Must have experience in providing and supervising outpatient substance abuse services.
- Must have excellent people skills to work in a human services/rehabilitation environment.
- Must have demonstrable organizational, analytic, program development financial management and administrative skills
- Must have ability to work collaboratively with colleagues inside and outside her/his department to achieve the agency’s mission and goals.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional presentation and excellent interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Must have knowledge of the current software including Word, Excel, etc. Knowledge of OASAS Reporting Systems, AWARDS, PSYCKES, and Healthix preferred.
- Working knowledge of Harm Reduction Services and experience in Harm Reduction settings preferred
Excellent compensation package.
Minimum Education Required