Design Museum Boston is seeking a talented Events Producer to plan, manage, and execute museum events. The position is full-time and reports to the Vice President of the museum.
The Event Producer will:
- Be an organized project manager for maintaining Design Museum Boston’s portfolio of events.
- Work within an existing event framework to produce topics, presenters, schedule, layout, and more.
- Design the structure and experience of events.
- Plan multiple events at one time, creating a calendar of programming.
- Research and coordinate with venues, acquire any necessary agreements, insurance, and/or permits. Also coordinate and spearhead site visits.
- Solicit vendors for in-kind donations, work with vendors, and negotiate vendor contracts.
- Research and identify prospects for event sponsorships.
- Acquire, coordinate, manage, schedule, and energize event volunteers. Ensure photography, audio recording, and videography occur at each event.
- Communicate and work with presenters and other special guests to ensure they are prepared to present and have a smooth experience.
- Organize event materials, setup/strike-down for events, secure and coordinate pickup/delivery of supplies before and after each event.
- Supervise event check-in, greet attendees, introduce program and presenters, act as primary point person for event management.
- Coordinate and manage the technical side of events, such as A/V, slide presentation, etc, and take responsibility in larger events to research, coordinate, and facilitate events at varying scales.
- Assist in overseeing sponsor presence fulfillment before, during, and after each event.
- Assist in sponsor/vendor acknowledgment and thank yous before, during, and after each event.
- Manage post-event data collection.
Qualified applications will have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- A creative problem solver with a passion for design and education.
- A self-starter who can receive direction but also contribute under uncertainty.
- Extremely organized and cool under pressure.
- An efficient worker producing quality work on both short and long term projects.
- Experience managing and producing multiple events at a time.
- Experience with social media and marketing basics.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, able to speak publicly, and negotiate. This role requires an extroverted public speaker to speak at events, facilitate phone calls, etc.
- Observant, friendly, kind, respectful, supportive of others.
- Able to absorb and adapt work based on feedback from management.
- Goal oriented, but not afraid to admit when they need help.
Technical Skills Required:
- Adobe suite: photo editing, simple layouts via Illustrator/Indesign
- A/V: working with projectors/laptops, audio setup, microphones/cords/PA, etc
- Apple Keynote and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Experience design/presentation, attendee experience from start to finish
- Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Googledocs, Slack
- Full-time commitment, which includes morning and evening events.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team, sometimes under high stress.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift at least 50lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Begin immediately
- Reporting to the Vice President
- Full-time – Monday-Friday
- On-site at Design Museum Boston’s office at 50 Milk St. 16th Floor Boston, MA
- We work in a collaborative team environment with a non-profit meets startup mentality.
- Our jobs are full time, with morning, evening, and weekend events, which makes it difficult to also maintain side-gigs.
- We eat lunch together as team every day.
- We are all creative problem solvers, even on-the-fly.
- Ownership, autonomy, and initiative — We anticipate future needs/tasks.
- We ask questions and are curious.
- We all want to see Design Museum succeed, and this means participating in events and caring about our mission, content, and design overall.
- We’re flexible! Things in our environment change quickly. We roll with the punches.
- Paid Time Off
- Health and Dental Insurance
- On Mondays we work from home!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter should outline/detail event planning and production experience.