10 Malcolm X Blvd
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Boston Community Capital (BCC) is seeking a Portfolio Management Analyst (PMA) to assist with the loan closing, loan disbursements, loan monitoring and portfolio reporting operations for a highly successful Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). Responsibilities include reviewing loan documents for accuracy and consistency with approved loan terms and facilitating loan closing and loan disbursements. The PMA will be a liaison between the Loan Fund and the Finance department and will collect and analyze required borrower reports and test financial statements to confirm compliance with financial covenants. The PMA reports to the Director of Portfolio Management; communicates regularly with borrowers and clients; attends and participates in Loan Fund staff meetings; interacts extensively with the lending team and staff/management in other BCC departments. The position is pivotal to the continued success and growth of the Loan Fund and operates in a collaborative, cooperative, team environment.
The PMA supports all aspects of the Boston Community Loan Fund's (BCLF) lending program to a diverse set of borrowers, including affordable housing and real estate developers, charter school and community health center operators, and nonprofit and social enterprises serving low income families and communities. BCLF offers a full suite of lending products to its customers, including pre-development, acquisition, site development, construction, bridge, term and permanent debt. Our greatest strength is our ability to offer creative debt solutions to strong borrowers delivering high impact opportunities to enhance the lives of low-income individuals and families. BCLF’s loan portfolio of 120 loans ($130MM net outstanding) is distributed across more than a dozen states.
Candidates who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and have a deep and demonstrated commitment to social equity are strongly encouraged to apply for employment. The position is located in Boston, MA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Maintain portfolio management database to ensure an accurate audit trail of all closing steps Portfolio Management (60%):
- Communicate effectively with borrowers and serve as one of the primary points of contact for post-closing loan management
- Review and process funding disbursement requests, ensuring proper documentation and compliance with loan conditions
- Collect required financial statements and reporting documentation and assist in determining financial condition, credit-worthiness and project compliance for all borrowers
- Maintain working knowledge of loan policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Finance department to ensure correct accounting for all loans
- Effectively track, analyze, communicate, and make recommendations to address loan delinquencies
- Maintain the loan portfolio management system and related databases
Loan Documentation & Closing (30%):
- Coordinate closing and funding process in conjunction with the portfolio management team, loan officers, borrowers and outside legal counsel
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties and serve as one of the primary points of contact for loan closings
- Manage the flow of loan documents from the commitment stage through closing and disbursement of funds
- Review title reports, requisitions, escrow instructions, loan documents, surveys, environmental, appraisals, property condition reports, insurance and other exhibits ensuring no losses as a result of improper closing procedures
- Ensure compliance with all loan closing and funding requirements
- Anticipate and effectively manage closing problems by identifying and recommending solutions to meet the needs of BCLF and our borrowers
Social Impact, Compliance, & Reporting (5%):
- Work with other staff to prepare annual and quarterly reports to the CDFI Fund and multiple other funders and investors
- Work collaboratively with other departments to manage information, reporting and document preparation for various internal and external needs including funding requests, grant reports, annual audit, and compliance with investor covenants
Other duties as assigned (5%):
- Assist or lead ad-hoc projects as assigned that may include industry research, product development, operational efficiency, compliance and reporting systems protocol, social impact tracking development, funding applications or policy analysis
- Understanding of and experience with commercial real estate and construction lending operations
- Familiarity with commercial real estate and construction loan documents and basic legal terms
- Experience with portfolio management and asset management
- Team player
- Ability to manage a variety of projects from multiple team members simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to navigate technology and commercial loan management and database systems
Additional Abilities & Skills:
- Understanding of and experience with the New Markets Tax Credit program
- Knowledge and experience with nonprofit community-based organizations
- Experience with Salesforce and loan management software strongly preferred
The position requires a highly motivated person with a background in commercial real estate or affordable housing lending operations. The ideal candidate is also someone who understands the unique needs of developers working to improve communities where low-income families live and work. The candidate must be a self-starter, have the demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently work on several tasks simultaneously and have superior written and verbal communication skills. Finally, the candidate should enjoy working in a mission-driven, growing organization and thrive in a friendly, cooperative, and fast-paced environment.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience within the guidelines of Boston Community Capital’s scale. The position comes with excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as generous vacation and employer contributions to a retirement account.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The position is open until filled. Please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Shannon Weiss, Talent Acquisition Specialist at https://bostoncommunitycapital.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fi23?cjb_hash=O_yhKP53&apply_now=true.
No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, Boston Community Capital cannot return phone calls or inquiries about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.
Boston Community Capital is an equal opportunity employer. Boston Community Capital is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees or applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.