441 West 26th Street
Hudson Guild's Mission: To create and sustain a strong, effective community that acknowledges and responds to the potential, achievements and interdependence of its diverse members, maintaining a priority focus on those in economic need. Serving the Chelsea Community and beyond since 1895, Hudson Guild offers outstanding specialized programming for children, youth and seniors, as well as community building, mental health and arts programming. You can read more about the Guild at www.hudsonguild.org.
We are looking for our new Institutional Relations Associate/Grant Writer. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic non-profit environment with dedicated colleagues in a successful development department. Reporting to the Institutional Relations Manager, the Associate will be an integral member of the External Relations team, working on foundation, corporate and government proposals, contracts and reports, and assisting the Manager in the execution of cultivation and solicitation efforts.The Associate will have frequent interaction with program staff and organizational leadership, and frequent opportunities for professional development.
In order to be considered, you must have the following: A dedication to Hudson Guild’s mission; Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; 2+ years grant writing and related experience; ability to coordinate multiple projects, and to work both independently and flexibly as part of a team across programmatic disciplines in a deadline-driven environment; proficiency in MS Office Suite; willingness to learn and be challenged.
In order to impress us, you will also have the following: Experience or familiarity with Raisers Edge or other customer relations management system; government grants and contracts submission portals; NYC nonprofit and funding community; and events coordination.
- Write and submit proposals, reports, letters of inquiry and budgets to private foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Research and identify prospective institutional funders.
- Gain understanding of organization and programmatic goals and priorities in order to identify appropriate funding opportunities
- Support the Institutional Relations Manager in the development of institutional giving goals, strategies and tactics.
- Manage agency official documents, and ensure their completion and submission to appropriate funders and government agencies
- Enter appropriate information and data into the database to ensure accurate record keeping and deadline management
- Support the Institutional Relations Manager and senior development and executive staff in coordinating the cultivation and stewardship process, including scheduling, providing meeting materials, research, and other tasks as needed.
- Monitor foundation and philanthropy news, including RFPs, foundation press releases, website updates and announcements, and trends in institutional giving.
- Attend bidder’s conferences, workshops, and information sessions on potential proposal submissions.
- Complete other writing assignments and administrative support as requested.
- Participate in agency-wide initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hudson Guild offers a competitive compensation and fringe benefits package including health, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance; 403(b) plan; commuting subsidy (TransitChek) and generous vacation/sick/holiday leave.
Hudson Guild offers a competitive compensation and fringe benefits package including health, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance; 403(b) plan; commuting subsidy (TransitChek)and generous vacation/sick/holiday leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://hudsonguild.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=15