Scheduler to the President - Part-Time Position
The Alliance for Downtown New York (Downtown Alliance) manages the Downtown-Lower Manhattan Business Improvement District (BID), serving an area roughly from City Hall to the Battery, from the East River to West Street. We provide a host of services, including supplemental security and sanitation, economic development, streetscape and transportation improvements, marketing and enhanced tourist services. The mission of the Alliance for Downtown New York is to provide service, advocacy, research and information to advance Lower Manhattan as a global model of a 21st century Central Business District for businesses, residents and visitors.
The Downtown Alliance seeks a talented and aspiring professional to serve as the Scheduler to the President. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable working independently, prioritizing and multitasking activities, and gaining an understanding of the organization’s mission and work. Strong customer service and communication skills are required as you will be working with both internal staff and external constituents on a regular basis. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in developing office management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for the President’s office, such as managing the calendar, answering telephone, assisting visitors, and responding to a range of other administrative tasks.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, events, interviews, appointments and other similar activities, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
- Draft correspondence for the President and ensure the timely response to a variety of routine written inquiries.
- Coordinate and communicate as needed with Senior Staff, the Board of Directors and their assistants.
- Establish, maintain, and updates files, letters, contacts, records, and/or other documents; develop and maintain databases and spreadsheets on a continuous basis.
- Sort, screen, review, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Process expense reports and invoices.
- Provide support to the VP of Administration and Finance and the Chief of Staff in carrying out the day-to-day duties necessary to meet the demands of the division.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- On call availability: Be available outside of office to work remotely as necessary for 2 additional hours per week.
Qualifications: The successful candidate for the Scheduler position will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google G-Suite programs.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships at all organizational levels. Team player.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and to seek assistance in doing so when necessary.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- A passion for working in a mission-driven agency and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The Alliance for Downtown New York, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
This position may be eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act for any hours worked over 40 in a workweek.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume and cover letter including hourly range to email@example.com. Please respond by May 4th and indicate “Scheduler to the President Position” in the subject line.