Full Time Temporary
Details: salary is for the full summer (8 weeks)
500 Yorktown Road
Young Judaea Sprout Westchester Day Camp Lifeguards Needed
Young Judaea Sprout Westchester Day Camp, located in Croton on Hudson, is a Jewish camp for children entering Pre-K through 4th grade.
Sprout Westchester is a place where children from a wide spectrum of Jewish backgrounds join together to create a joyful, diverse, Jewish community built on Jewish values, community and child centered fun. We offer a unique experience where Jewish values enhance everything we do. Some of our activities include swimming, sports, cooking, performing arts, visual arts, creative play and the exploration of nature, all interwoven with dynamic experiential Jewish programming and fun.
Camp runs from the June 27th through August 17 (we are closed July 4), Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm with a week of staff training (TND)
We are currently seeking swim instructor/lifeguards to join the aquatics staff for summer 2018. We're looking for reliable, responsible individuals with a love for swimming. If needed, we are able to provide lifeguard certification training.
Our aquatics staff provide supervision for our swimming pool and ensure a safe environment at the pool complex, all-the-while ensuring that the campers and counselors who swim daily do so safely.
Swim instruction is done using the Red Cross curriculum.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Follow curriculum to teach swimming skills appropriate to age and swim levels
- Evaluate aquatics abilities of campers and report on them appropriately.
- Supervise and guard all swim activities to help prevent and manage injuries.
- Provide rescues as needed
- Understand the appropriate responses to changes in water or weather conditions affecting pool activities.
- Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures while at the pools
• Counselors and Specialists must be at least 18 years old
• Junior Counselors must be entering Junior or Senior year of High School
• Experience attending or working at a summer camp
• Experience working with children ages 3 – 9
• Enthusiasm and the willingness to be silly
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required