Details: The salary is highly competitive in the field and commensurate with experience.
The Brennan Center for Justice at New York University School of Law is a non-partisan public policy and law institute that focuses on the fundamental issues of democracy and justice. Our work ranges from voting rights to campaign finance reform, from racial justice in criminal law to presidential power in the fight against terrorism. A singular institution - part think tank, part public interest law firm, part advocacy group - the Brennan Center combines scholarship, legislative and legal advocacy, and communications to win meaningful, measurable change in the public sector.
The newly created Senior Financial Analyst position will report to the Controller as a member of the Finance & Operations team reporting through to the Chief Operating Officer. In this role, s/he will support and manage implementation of the Brennan Center’s financial reporting and budgeting processes as well as work closely with the development team on funder requests. This person will coordinate the preparation and distribution of financial information to the organization as well as operate as the right hand person to the Controller.
- Evaluate and update strategic project budgets throughout the fiscal year and highlight significant over/under budget scenarios. Identifies areas where efficiencies can be realized through in-depth analysis and understanding of the business.
- Develop and maintains budget database to track actual spending, budget information, analysis of variances trends and other data to provide insightful analysis leading to better decision-making and continuous improvement of financial forecasting and business planning.
- Work closely with the development team to provide funder budgets and expenditure reporting.
- Provide budget/forecast financial analyses and support to project teams.
- Implementation of new budgeting system and ownership of quarterly reforecasting and analyses.
- Ad-hoc reporting and system implementations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches.
- Successfully navigates through financial systems and people to gather data and information.
- Ability to tell the story behind the data and effectively communicate insightful conclusions about the key points within the numbers in a concise manner.
- Experience in a non-profit environment generating funder budgets and reporting.
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills.
- Experience with financial accounting and budgeting software systems and reporting functions.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- MmStrong familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Capability to perform detailed analytics with the ability to keep the big picture in mind.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity to work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies.
- Aptitude for handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Sense of humor.
Salary: The salary is highly competitive in the field and commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is available as well.
Applications: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until a qualified candidate is identified. To apply, please visit http://brennancenter. m/apply/EquXWst4OK/Senior-Financial-Analyst and upload the following application materials (preferably in pdf format): a cover letter (copy and paste), a resume, and contact information for three references. If you have difficulty with the online system, you may send your application by e-mail to: email@example.com with “Senior Financial Analyst” in the subject line, after registering in the online system.
The Brennan Center for Justice is committed to a workplace based on equal opportunity and a strong belief in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. To this end, Brennan Center:
- Hires staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic identity;
- Considers and hires applicants who have been previously incarcerated;
- Creates a workplace where true diversity is fostered and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged;
- Ensures that all members of the Brennan Center community feel welcome and respected, and have equal opportunities to thrive and advance within the institution; and
- Is committed to supporting low-income communities and communities of color particularly affected by social inequities.
A generous benefits package is available.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until a qualified candidate is identified. To apply, please visit http://brennancenter. m/apply/EquXWst4OK/Senior-Financial-Analyst and upload the following application materials (preferably in pdf format): a cover letter (copy and paste), a resume, and contact information for three references. If you have difficulty with the online system, you may send your application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Financial Analyst” in the subject line, after registering in the online system.