Details: Salary: DOE; This position is an administrative position, with membership in OPEIU 8.
The United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 21 is seeking an experienced Membership Services
representative with excellent communication and technical skills. In addition to working with UFCW 21 members, the Membership Services Representative will work with other staff and employer representatives.
● Must be able to work quickly and accurately in a custom, web-based database - searching for specific
information, editing records, and generally taking ownership over the quality of the membership data contained
● Must be able to work collaboratively within the membership team, as well as independently.
● Must be accountable for the quality of member database records related to dues and member/employer
● Must be detailed oriented with experience in preparing, administering, and maintaining a variety of electronic
reports for local 21 staff.
● Must be comfortable working with aggressive and moving deadlines, with the ability to maintain employer and
member accounts on a timely basis while simultaneously assisting members on the phone.
● Must be able to analyze accounts receivable and remedy discrepancies in the database.
● Must be prompt, motivated, and willing to learn as the local grows.
Proficiency with the following tools:
○ Microsoft Windows - basic navigation of applications ...
○ … in particular, strength in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook...
○ … and specifically, a good command of working with spreadsheets - searching, sorting, grouping,
editing and efficiently moving through a grid-based, online environment.
○ Computer and 10-key data entry - populating basic forms, quickly and accurately
● Superior customer service experience required.
● Professional communication - in-person, meetings, email, telephone, etc - is necessary.
● Position requires strong problem-solving, multitasking and organizational skills
Benefits: DOE; includes generous health care and other benefits. This position is an administrative position,
with membership in OPEIU 8.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish speaker preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. UFCW 21 is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an
excellent wage package including medical and pension benefits.
Please notify Kim Micheau at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in the position no later than September 7, 2018.