8300 Earhart Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70118
Reports To: Director, Early Childhood Institute
Agenda for Children’s mission is to make Louisiana a state in which children can thrive. Recognized as Louisiana’s first independent child advocacy organization, Agenda has also served as the child care resource and referral agency for southeast Louisiana since 1989. The Early Childhood Institute (ECI) serves as the umbrella for all of Agenda for Children’s early childhood work.
Early Childhood Institute
The Early Childhood Institute (ECI), through research, education, outreach, and public policy advocacy, is committed to helping transform early childhood care and education in the greater New Orleans region and across Louisiana. The long-term goal of the ECI is to be a leading center where practitioners, community members, and policy makers collaborate to advance a unified approach that can improve the lives of young children and families and the early childhood systems that support them. The Institute’s current programs and initiatives include: Child Care Resource & Referral Services (CCR&R), a Child Development Associate (CDA) program, the Preschool Expansion Grant (PEG) project, the New Orleans Early Education Network (NOEEN), and School Services.
Position Summary: The Assistant Director will serve a critical role in Agenda for Children’s Early Childhood Institute, working closely with the Director to ensure that every program and initiative is meeting key deliverables and that the organization is capturing the information it needs to ensure that all program services are provided at a high level of quality.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
· Assisting the Director with all projects and duties; maintaining continuous lines of communication with the Director to keep him/her informed of all critical issues
· Handling day-to-day administrative functions, including responding to and resolving administrative problems and inquiries and responding to internal and external requests for information and data
· Delegating duties to staff to complete projects, streamline activities, or meet new objectives
· Assisting other managerial staff within the organization as needed
· Assisting in the development of a budget for the Institute and maintaining it through the year to ensure spending is within set limits
· Tracking expenditures and identifying problem areas or opportunities for improvement
· Coordinating all of the resources, meetings, records, key milestones, communications and documentation involved in the Institute’s programs
· Organizing and leading training programs or providing one-on-one training to new employees
· Giving presentations to employees to educate them on new initiatives, procedures, or projects
· Providing information and support for grant proposals, grant reports, and internal reports
· Handling program staff complaints or concerns as needed
· Providing support needed to recruit, hire, and terminate staff as needed
· Planning and coordinating staff meetings, including preparing meeting materials, developing PowerPoint presentations and taking minutes/notes as needed
· Creating reports, newsletters and other documents about Institute programs
· Reviewing documents created by Institute staff for standardization of quality and style
· Coordinating out-of-town staff travel plans as needed
· Acting as a representative of the organization as needed
· Assuming other duties as assigned
· Developing and maintaining program planning calendars to track progress and meet deliverables and deadlines
· Developing program plans that organize projects into clear tasks (detailing goals, objectives, resources, timelines, and responsibilities)
· Working across a variety of programs within the Early Childhood Institute and work across multiple projects at the same time
· Creating and/or monitoring weekly, monthly, quarterly schedules for program staff
· Planning and coordinating program meetings (for example meetings between program staff and early learning center staff, etc.)
· Creating and managing systems to track and organize data on programs/projects
· Utilizing and maintaining data systems to track and evaluate programmatic activities
· Coordinating and conducting program assessments
· Organizing and coordinating program events and outreach activities
· Ensuring that programs have needed supplies and material
· Self-starter who takes initiative, using sound, independent judgment and discretion and seeks guidance and feedback where appropriate
· Ability to support and engage a team
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organized with concern for detail and a commitment to rigor
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and computer skills
· Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5pm. Evening and weekend work will be expected as job responsibilities demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, with regional travel expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Education Management or a related field.
· Minimum of six (6) years’ work experience in an administrative support position
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications accepted until positions filled.
No phone calls please.