District of Columbia
The EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases (ELF) is seeking a Senior Director of Marketing & Communications to join its leadership team in Washington, DC.
The EveryLife Foundation is a science based advocacy organization dedicated to bringing treatments to the 30 million Americans with rare diseases. Currently, there are fewer than 400 approved treatments for 7000 rare diseases. The science exists for many of these diseases to be treated; however, treatments may never be developed because of roadblocks in the development process, such as a lack of investment and a challenging regulatory environment. The Foundation works with patient organizations, industry, academic scientists, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and National Institutes of Health (NIH) to improve the clinical development process.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications takes the lead in developing and implementing the marketing and communication strategies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Marketing of all events to drive attendance by patient advocates, KOLs, Members of Congress, Congressional Staff and other members of the rare disease community
· Corporate branding – ensuring there is a consistency to all Foundation materials, including online
· Two direct reports – Deputy Director of Communications and Special Events Manager
· Defining and executing the social media strategy for the Foundation and ensuring an active presence on multiple platforms. Working with the development team to make sure that all mentions for sponsors are met for each event
· Political advocacy campaign marketing – ensuring that policy objectives of the Foundation are presented in an honest and clear manner to the public to drive support for various forms of action.
· Oversee all external communication from the Foundation and provide support in the crafting and editing of e-mails; newsletters; blog posts; action alerts etc
The Senior Director of Marketing & Communications will have:
· A minimum of five years of related experience, preferably political advocacy field;
· Demonstrated ability to craft message and
· Ability to use data in shaping policy messages;
· Ability to communicate complex information clearly in writing and in oral presentations to a range of audiences;
· Prior management experience;
· Preferably experience in event management;
· Experience crafting and managing a budget;
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to think strategically;
· Master’s or higher degree in a related field preferred.
To apply, please send an up-to-date resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This is a full-time, direct-hire position. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package. This position is based in Washington, DC and will require some travel.