Real Estate Manager, Real Estate Services
- Job posted by Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC)
1500 Market Street
Suite 2600 West
Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC) is Philadelphia’s public-private economic development corporation. Our mission is to spur investment, support business growth, and foster developments that create jobs, revitalize neighborhoods and drive growth to every corner of Philadelphia. We offer flexible financing tools, a targeted portfolio of industrial and commercial real estate, and decades of Philadelphia-based knowledge to help our clients invest, develop and grow. PIDC works with companies of all sizes in every area of Philadelphia. We work on projects big and small with businesses, developers and non-profits in every sector.
Over the past 60 years, PIDC has settled over 7,150 transactions with a diverse range of clients – including more than $16 billion of financing and more than 3,200 acres of land sales – which have leveraged over $28.6 billion in total investment and assisted in retaining and creating hundreds of thousands of jobs in Philadelphia. Its direct loan and managed third-party portfolio at year-end 2017 was more than $545 million, representing 475 loans.
PIDC’s Real Estate Services group provides a range of services, including:
- All aspects of management of a 290-acre portfolio of industrial land throughout Philadelphia ranging from acquisition through sale & development, including site investigation & planning, improvement and marketing of sites to support business retention and attraction
- Transaction management of a range of publicly-owned sites on behalf of the City of Philadelphia, including redevelopment planning, developer solicitation and transaction management
- Strategic planning and implementation for key real estate and development initiatives, such as the Lower Schuylkill Master Plan
PIDC’s Real Estate Services group is seeking a motivated and hard-working individual to manage and market a portfolio of industrial and commercial properties, as well as provide analytical, technical, and administrative support for a diverse array of planning initiatives, redevelopment opportunities, and special projects.
The Real Estate Manager is responsible for effectively managing a diverse array of real estate activities, including:
Manage Sales Transactions – Coordinate and execute real estate sales, including leases, licenses, and rights of entry. This task includes working with prospects to identify & evaluate sites, ensuring timely completion of due diligence site investigations, establish price and development requirements, coordinating with appropriate city and state agencies (e.g. Office of Economic Opportunity, Department of Public Property, Commerce Department, etc.) to secure all necessary approvals, and supporting PIDC’s legal and finance groups to successfully close transactions.
Site Marketing – Market industrial and commercial properties to balance financial return with business growth and job creation in Philadelphia. This task includes coordination with PIDC’s Strategy Communications & Partnerships team to develop compelling marketing materials, manage and update website content, and communicate opportunities to developers and brokers, as well as responding promptly and professionally to all incoming inquiries.
Property Management – Providing effective property management for a portfolio of industrial and commercial properties, including PIDC’s eight industrial parks and freestanding sites throughout Philadelphia. This task includes periodic site visits, coordination with property management firm to ensure that sites are maintained and all other tasks required to successfully maintain and manage the portfolio.
Support Major Initiatives – Supporting planning and strategic development initiatives led by the management of the Real Estate Services group, with particular emphasis on:
- Implementing all aspects of the Lower Schuylkill Master Plan;
- Identifying suitable industrial acquisition opportunities throughout Philadelphia, and
- Marketing high-priority sites (both those in PIDC’s portfolio or owned by the City of Philadelphia) through competitive developer solicitation processes, including research, data gathering, analysis, mapping, preparation of documents and images/graphics, and all other tasks that may be required.
Business Services – Identify site options for businesses looking to relocate, expand, or move to the City from another location. This task includes identifying available and potentially available parcels, analyzing development capacity, zoning, infrastructure, utility access, transportation access, workforce accessibility, and permitting requirements.
Grant & Contract Management – Support efforts to secure external resources by identifying potential funding resources, assisting with and/or drafting grant applications and contract proposals, creating and/or making presentations to potential partners and funders, and preparing all required grant or contract reports.
Industrial Land Preservation – Coordinate efforts to maintain the character of industrial districts and enforce deed covenants with the Philadelphia Commerce Department and the Philadelphia City Planning Commission.
Candidates must demonstrate education, experience, and a high level of interest in real estate, planning, and development, specifically including the following:
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college or university is required; graduate degree preferred but not required
- 2+ years of real estate experience, including property management and transactional experience
- Real estate experience with manufacturing, industrial, or commercial businesses is a plus
- Experience with CoStar, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, GIS and/or InDesign is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, project management experience, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize independently, meet deadlines, and produce results with available resources
- Ability to work independently to perform the responsibilities of the position, as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be a current resident of the city of Philadelphia or willing to relocate within 6 months of accepting the role
The Real Estate Manager functions as part of a team of professionals, both supporting senior members of the team and working independently managing his/her own portfolio of projects. The Real Estate manager reports to the Sr. Vice President, Real Estate Services, and works closely with and supports the Vice President, Real Estate Services.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. An excellent fringe benefits package is provided, including a 401(k) program with company match; medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage; short- and long-term disability; and generous paid leave.
Minimum Education Required