2415 Avenue F
Prestige Preparatory Academy is the first all boys charter school in Charleston County. We empower our boys to raise the bar to become young men of intellect, integrity and compassion. We provide a unique educational opportunity for all boys in Charleston County.
We are seeking a teacher who is certified in elementary education to provide services to our students.
- Create daily lesson plans that are engaging, educational and exciting for the kids, encouraging them to want to come to school.
- Deliver lesson plans in a way that catches the attention of the students and keeps them occupied and excited about learning.
- Reach school and course-wide performance goals for every student in class.
- Watch closely for students who are struggling with emotional problems, learning disabilities or situations at home, and help them find the resources they need.
- Grade papers and homework regularly to keep students updated on how they are doing and to head any problems off before they become habit.
- Increase educational knowledge and stay up to date on new methods by joining professional organizations, attending continuing education courses and attending regular training sessions for teachers.
- Weave goals, competencies and objectives into lesson plans in ways that directly apply to the student’s life.
- Offer praise and encouragement to students when they do well and when they are struggling, and teach them that they have the power to do well in school no matter what.
Must meet standards for SC State Board of Education teacher certification.
Salary is based on experience and is aligned with CCSD pay scale.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required