3 Internation Drive
Summary: The Director, Research Programs at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) will manage and improve existing academic grants programs and provide support for new grant programs. Responsible for implementing grants review and progress assessment activities. The incumbent will also provide scientific support as needed for LLS’s Therapy Acceleration Program, Patient Services Programs and Donor Development and work closely with the entire Research department to implement the research strategy and achieve annual goals.
Reports to: Senior Director, Research
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the successful performance of several academic grants programs including managing grant programs, writing request for proposals, and updating the guidelines. Will work closely with Sr. Director of Research and VP of Research to conduct these duties.
- Continually monitor and implement improvements to the grant program process.
- Assess and communicate research progress via review of grantee progress reports, analysis of yearly metrics and success reports.
- Assist grants managers and administrators on all aspects of the peer review and grants management process.
- Communicate scientific information in support of LLS Therapy Acceleration Program, Patient Services Programs and Donor Development activities.
- Update Research team with new and consequential science as well as potential therapeutics on the horizon. Ongoing review of and reporting on scientific literature.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- The incumbent will have cancer research experience, preferably in blood cancers
- Demonstrated familiarity with broader oncology field
- Experience in the oversight and implementation of a wide variety of timeline-driven projects.
- Highly motivated, with excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Must be proactive and willing to do a wide variety of scientific and administrative oversight.
- Proactive leader with proven record of relationship development and process improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills will be particularly important due to the collaborative nature of this job. Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team environment.
- Proven experience with grants submission and peer review process is desirable.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Education & Experience Requirements:
- PhD degree in Biological or Medical Sciences
- 7+ years relevant post-bachelor degree experience (postdoctoral research preferred)
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May work weekends on occasions
- Travel required – 5%
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply direct to the site at: https://careers-lls.icims.com/jobs/3324/director%2c-research-programs/job
We look forward to hearing from you!