100 Wall Street
The Partnerships and Major Donor Engagement department is responsible for generating, sustaining and growing revenue and developing partnerships with corporations and organizations, health systems, universities, religious constituencies, mid-level and smaller foundations, and major donors, in alignment to CMMB’s global strategy.
Reporting to the Vice President of Partnerships, the Senior Manager is responsible for the generation and growth of varied revenue through cultivating, building, and maintaining high quality relationships and innovative partnerships with major donors and assorted religious constituencies. This position will be based in New York City with some flexibility to work remotely.
- Develop creative, innovative partnerships with religious organizations to achieve greater investment and with high net worth individuals who support CMMB.
- Implement multi-year, multi-million-dollar revenue generation campaigns and determine effective strategies for identified donors and prospects.
- Identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective major donors, in expanding their financial support of the work of CMMB.
- Meet annual revenue targets by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to advance the mission of the organization and assist donors in creating meaning in their lives through giving to CMMB.
- Prospect for potential new partnership opportunities, analyzing their feasibility, shaping specific opportunities, presenting recommendations internally, and negotiating funding agreements.
- Must be/become familiar with and help supervise all planned giving/major donors operations to include special mailings, donor research, receptions and visitations.
- Must be/become familiar with and help supervise the development and submission of project requests, to various donors and ensure that respective progress reports are sent in a timely fashion.
- Must coordinate and collaborate with the Country Programs department, which will identify those projects which are suitable for presenting to various donors.
- Must ensure continual external networking takes place to establish relationships and alliances which will enhance our efforts and make us aware of the changing operational environment, new techniques and technologies.
- Must conduct periodic evaluations of progress, such as the vital signs overview of our donor base, to identify program strengths and weaknesses. Strategies must then be developed to address weakness and enhance strengths.
- Must meet with major donors and potential major donors (individuals, religious communities,) to establish relationships to lay the groundwork for active solicitation of funds.
Required Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 years professional, well rounded experience in the area of development
- Demonstrated record of success in developing and implementing successful fundraising strategies.
- Deep understanding of revenue generation.
- A working knowledge of Planned Gift vehicles, including annuities, trusts and bequests.
- Proven experience working with MS Office suite, database programs and online research tools.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional presentation capabilities.
- Ability to act as a program manager to drive multiple projects, prioritize, and meet simultaneous milestones.
- Comfortable working for a faith-based organization, specifically a Catholic philanthropic organization.
- Ability to represent the organization in external forums.
- Some travel is required.
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Master’s degree desirable.
- Experience in international healthcare or NGO arenas.
Minimum Education Required