Small Business Services Associate (PT-20 hours/week)
- Job posted by Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation
Details: Hourly rate of $20.00 to $25.00/hour
The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation (JPNDC) is a 41-year-old non-profit organization with the mission of promoting equitable development and equal opportunity in Jamaica Plain and adjacent Boston neighborhoods through affordable housing, community organizing, and economic opportunity initiatives that improve the lives of low-and moderate-income people and create a better community for all.
The Small Business Services Program (www.jpndc.org/small-business). The JPNDC Small Business Services Program (SBSP) has over twenty (20) years of experience providing technical assistance, education and access to financing to local small businesses owned by recent immigrants, minorities and women. SBP services strengthen the socio-economic relationships among livelihood businesses, entrepreneurs, investors, anchor institutions, and consumers. Core activities include the delivery of high quality technical assistance and training to small businesses, entrepreneurs and facilitating the flow of investment capital to strengthen businesses rooted in, and meeting the basic needs of Jamaica Plain and adjacent neighborhoods. To date, the JPNDC SBSmall Business program has facilitated the access to over $10,000,000.00 in capital for over 150 businesses.
The role of the Small Business Services Associate is to improve business development workshops by helping design curricula, conduct outreach, and co-teach. The Associate will also help participants through the registration process and conduct evaluation surveys. Ultimately, the Associate will help deliver educational content more efficiently by maximizing the use of SBS webpages, google drive, and business development digital apps.opportunities.
In addition, the Associate will support the Director to meet the goals of the one-on-one coaching, by helping map business operations, create basic Profit & Loss Statements, create Business Plans, broker business-to-business marketing partnerships, and locate commercial space.
Assist the Director of Small Business Services with business development workshops:
· Prepare syllabi, cheat sheets and worksheets.
· Conduct outreach using social medial and flyers.
· Conduct interactive exercises during course and workshops.
· Take notes and reflections.
· Write reminders and follow up emails.
· Set up and clean up.
Help deliver educational content:
· Monitor interaction between participants and SBS webpages.
· Work with website consultant to continuously improve SBS webpages.
· Create educational content for SBS webpages, including resources pages, and google drive templates.
· Help participants use business development digital appstechniques to maximize participant’s learning during courses and workshops.
Supports the Director meet the goals of the one-on-one coaching:
· Set up initial one-on-one coaching sessions.
· Help map business operations.
· Help clients create a basic Profit & Loss Statements.
· Help clients create a basic Business Plans.
· Help clients establish client referral exchanges with other business owners.
· Help client find commercial space.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bilingual in English and Spanish. REQUIRED.
· Bachelor’s, Associate’s, or current graduate student in business management or related economic development fields (ex: Urban Planning, Accounting, and Marketing) REQUIRED.
o This position will consider graduate students in academic co-op programs..
Management or a related economic development field (ex: Urban Planning, Accounting, and Marketing).
This position will consider graduate students in academic co-op programs.
· Demonstrated knowledge of financial computer spreadsheets and software applications.
· Ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a deadline-oriented environment.
· Strong written and visual communication skills.
· Knowledge of popular education methodology.
· Strong commitment to social change.
· One (1) paid training conference per year within the U.S.
· Flexible work week.
JPNDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Comprehensive benefits package including: Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Eye, 403B Retirement Plan, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Free Parking, a diverse family of employees!
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Minimum Education Required