Social Work Supervisor, Foster Care & Adoption
- Job posted by New Alternatives for Children of New York City
37 West 26th Street, 6th floor
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. To assist us in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a talented, qualified Social Work Supervisor to provide clinical and administrative supervision and professional leadership to a team of Social Workers within our Foster Care and Adoption Program, in our Manhattan location. The ideal candidate will be strength-based and solution-oriented and will welcome the opportunity to build strong relationships with at-risk families. It’s an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team of professionals at an innovative agency with internal Article 28 & 31 clinics, serving the needs of some of the most vulnerable children and families in New York City. NAC is a child welfare agency that honors the social work profession, by offering support and consistent supervision which qualifies for LCSW licensure.
Department: Foster Care and Adoption
Position Type: Full Time
- Reports to the Director of Specialized Foster Care, and supervises four (4) MSW level foster care and adoption social workers.
- Ensures that social workers are conducting permanency planning activities in an appropriate and timely manner; ensures that workers are identifying the needs of each case, and are either providing directly or are accessing the entire range of clinical and concrete services that the case requires.
- Assists supervisees in prioritizing workloads.
- Ensures that social workers are meeting all ACS and NAC mandates and paperwork requirements.
- Attends Family Team Conferences, Service Plan Reviews, and Case Reviews.
- Prepares social workers for court proceedings, and be willing to testify.
- Works collaboratively with Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Pediatricians, Nurses, Education Specialists and fellow Social Workers in a dynamic, strength-based interdisciplinary team model.
- Ensures supervisees’ adherence to all agency personnel policies and procedures.
1. MSW from an accredited school of social work; LMSW and/or LCSW required
2. 4+ years post-graduate experience
3. Supervisory experience with MSW level social workers and/or students required
4. Prior experience in child welfare required
5. Knowledge of health-related factors in working with physically disabled and/or chronically ill children, as well as experience in the area of child development.
6. Excellent clinical skills.
7. Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
8. Bilingual -Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
When applying, indicate “Social Work Supervisor” in the subject line, and email cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
To learn more about New Alternatives for Children, Inc., please visit our website: www.nackidscan.org
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY”