Details: Compensation will range from 55-65K/year depending on candidate’s previous experience and credentials.
5445 Conestoga Court
About the Chef Ann Foundation:
Founded in 2009 by Chef Ann Cooper, a pioneer in school food reform, the Chef Ann Foundation (CAF) believes that every child should have access to fresh, healthy food every day so that they can develop healthy eating habits to last a lifetime. We think the greatest impact can be had through changing school food. By providing school communities with tools, training, resources and funding, we are able to help schools create healthier food and redefine lunchroom environments. To date, we’ve reached over 9,000 schools and over 3,000,000 children in all 50 states.
About CAF’s Online Programs:
The Lunch Box: Many school districts want to transition to healthier school food, but they lack the tools, resources and guidance to make that switch. The Lunch Box is a free, online web portal that gives school food professionals the resources and tools required to improve kids’ nutrition and create sustainable meal programs. Scalable healthy recipes, menu cycles, financial templates, and procurement guides help schools create successful, healthy and delicious nutrition programs. Over 7,500 registered users representing more than 3,000 school districts are using the resources found on The Lunch Box to reform school food.
School Food Institute: CAF’s new School Food Institute takes our resources and training to a new level with online education for the next generation of school food employees looking to bring innovation to their site(s). The coursework expands on the content areas of The Lunch Box, our online resource portal, with engaging lectures on key areas of school food operations. The curriculum was developed in collaboration with thought leaders in food systems education and focuses on the implementation and management of a scratch-cooked kitchen. These courses satisfy USDA’s professional development and continuing education needs for foodservice operators through engaging video lectures taught by Chef Ann Cooper.
CAF is seeking a skilled program operator with experience in managing and growing online initiatives. The Director of Online Programs will be responsible for managing the operations, strategic growth and evaluation of the School Food Institute and The Lunch Box. This individual will be responsible for all online programming including: directing the growth strategy of School Food Institute as a sustainable revenue stream; updating and creating ongoing CAF curated content for The Lunch Box; and maintaining content and resources of the Parent Advocacy Initiative. This position will work within the programs teamboth independently and collaboratively, reporting to the Chief Programs Officer and getting support from the Online Program Coordinator. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with strong project management, marketing and business development experience to grow innovative online initiatives that directly support national school food reform!
The Lunch Box:
Leading the assessment process, the buildout of improvements and new curated content/resources development of The Lunch Box website, which includes:
- Appraisal of current web content (assessment) and critique
- Management of new content creation, especially new recipes, including recipe testing and development
- Selection of new web development partners; management of the contract & onboarding process
- Enhancement of user experience by working with our web partners and school food advisory board
- Ensuring content is credible and supportive of CAF’s high-quality standards
- Creation and oversite of regularly occurring operations blogs that support innovative scratch cooking programing/resources
- Creation and oversite of regularly occurring webinars that support innovative scratch cooking programing/resources
- Management of The Lunch Boxnewsletter, including innovative content creation and increased open/click rates and registrations
- Working closely with CAF’s Marketing Coordinator and Online Program Coordinator to increase visitors and registrants
School Food Institute:
Running the School Food Institute, which will entail:
- Managing new course offerings, program operations, budget and general course/site administration
- Identifying, creating and managing partnerships with vendors and institutions
- Evaluating and managing contract relationships
- Performing extensive marketing activities including maintaining the program website, working with partners to promote enrollment, driving online, regional and national awareness from press
- Meeting enrollment goals and driving up registrations through prospecting new students and institutions
- Ensure CAF initiatives are managed at the highest level and represent the organization’s commitment to quality, results-driven programing.
- Stay current on emerging trends and factors that influence the school food landscape; reflect this knowledge in the innovation of online learning and creation of new opportunities.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and oversee all elements of CAF’s online programs, specifically The Lunch Box overhaul and School Food Initiative enrollment.
- Manage School Food Institute and The Lunch Box program budgets and work with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to secure grant funding for online programs.
- IncreaseThe Lunch Box recipe data base, which currently serves as the most accessed resource.
- Transition The Lunch Box to a new Content Management Systems.
- Lead coursework/content development and planning with Chef Ann Cooper and partner institution(s).
- Evaluate and establish relationships with multiple vendor partners; advise on contractual arrangements and manage contracts.
- Develop a 3-year business plan for online programs to ensure operational and funding growth.
- Coordinate with academic departments and college offices, as well as state and national certification programs to obtain approval/accreditation for course offerings.
- Lead marketing, communications and outreach related to promotion and growth of the online programs.
- Supervise the Online Program Coordinator to make sure that various aspects of the program such as reporting, grading, updates and outward communications operate successfully; support the Online Program Coordinator to manage enrollment, scholarships, website data, and evaluations.
- Work with vendors, partner institution(s), Chef Ann Cooper and assistant professor(s) to monitor, modify and improve curriculum and content.
- Research online educational trends, changes, developments and teaching strategies to keep the program relevant.
- Ensure that CAF online programs are included in national school food discussions by attending conferences, speaking on webinars, and engaging in other promotional opportunities; participate in regional and national committees to network and promote CAF programing.
- Manage funder reporting requirements and deadlines for assigned programs.
- Support and/or lead other CAF programing as work fluctuates.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with a preferred minimum of two-year’s experience working with online education delivery systems including developing resources, budgets, marketing plans and serving as a liaison with the e-learning community.
- Demonstrated success in:
- Managing, developing, implementing and evaluating program models.
- Creating efficient and proven organizational protocols for program management.
- Developing effective working relationships with education institution partners, vendors, and students.
- Knowledge of adult/community education opportunities and programs; educational delivery systems and computer software programs relevant to online instruction and web design.
- Ability to effectively utilize the applicable specialized software programs as assigned; Moodle experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills of multifaceted projects that result in measurable successes and program growth.
- Outstanding organizational skills to ensure all aspects of our programing meet defined goals.
- Personnel management experiencewith strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with people from varied backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Innovative thinker with personal qualities of integrity and credibility.
- Proven marketing and business development success.
- A passion for childhood health and wellness; demonstrated commitment to school food reform preferred.
- Ability to travel.
The Chef Ann Foundation is a great place to work and provides its staff with a competitive package including health insurance reimbursement, professional development, and paid time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bachelor's degree with a preferred minimum of two-year’s experience working with online education delivery systems including developing resources, budgets, marketing plans and serving as a liaison with the e-learning community.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume - both of which should demonstrate your experience, qualifications, educational background along with your desire to fill this position - to Gabriella Warner [Chief Programs Officer] at email@example.com with the subject: Director of Online Programs. The position is based in Boulder, CO and is available as soon as possible.