100 Corporate Pointe
Kidsave gives children from orphanages and foster care, weekends and vacations with host families who help kids find adoptive families. We are a nonprofit agency with a for-profit operational style. Kidsave is a small organization that depends heavily on volunteers and partnerships to build replicable programs for moving children into adoptive families and meaningful relationships with trusted adults.
Kidsave Los Angeles Weekend Miracles, is a partnership between Kidsave and the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services that provides a creative way to find adoptive parents and adult connections for older foster youth. The purpose of this innovative program is to move older foster youth out of the child welfare system and into permanent families, or at the very least, connected to a caring, stable adult, called a “host”. Children participating in Weekend Miracles become visible to the community through monthly advocacy events and weekend visits with their “host” family. Host families work with Kidsave to find permanent families for the youth.
We are looking for a dynamic, outgoing and experienced manager to lead the Weekend Miracle Program and continue to make a difference in the lives of children who need permanency in the child welfare system. The key responsibility of the manager is to advocate to find youth in the Weekend Miracles program legal or relational permanency. The manager will have direct responsibility for the Weekend Miracles Program Coordinator, interns and volunteers. The position involves weekday evening orientation and training, weekend recruitment, training and advocacy activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Host Recruitment - manage family recruiting, inquiries, orientation, applications, training, tracking and support.
- Events – manage and create dynamic monthly Weekend Miracles advocacy events.
- Youth Referrals - manage youth referrals, tracking and matching of children with host families, including introductory meetings.
- Youth Advocacy - manage youth advocacy efforts, including youth flyers and family stories and photography, preparation for videos, interviews, speaking engagements.
- DCFS Liaison - serve as primary liaison with Los Angeles Country DCFS and foster family agencies to manage program logistics and ensure successful partnerships.
- Communications - manage program communications and outreach efforts, including special projects, speaking engagements, website, social media campaigns, webinars, blogs, materials.
- Community Partnerships and Outreach - develop and manage community partnerships to recruit host families, volunteers, event and program sponsorships.
- Monitor & Analyze Results - manage data collection to track outcomes, enable evaluation and marketing of results.
- Expansion - participate in program and expansion planning with VP of Programs.
- Fundraising - participate in fundraising, events and grant writing necessary to fund program.
- Volunteers – Build and manage a volunteer leadership team to help with outreach, events, advocacy, and fundraising.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, supervisory and administrative skills
- Ability to write plans/proposals/consumer-oriented materials
- Ability to build relationships with and motivate/collaborate with multiple partners, government and private agencies, volunteers, families, children, social workers and staff
- Able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced Kidsave team environment, across offices and programs.
- Computer literacy; Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Publisher, iForm, Access and E Tapestry knowledge a Plus
- Social media literacy: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Health, Dental & Vision, Life, and 401K.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required