Details: $70,000+ annual salary DOE
Client Services Manager
Community Initiatives is a Bay Area-based nonprofit service organization providing more than 90 different nonprofit projects with fiscal sponsorship services including tax-exemption, accounting and financial oversight, risk management and insurance, legal compliance, grants management, and human resource services. Our fiscally sponsored projects (FSPs) represent all nonprofit sectors––arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services, and public affairs. While the majority of our projects are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, a few operate in other states.
This position will be responsible for the quality of the relationship with our nonprofit clients, and, in this capacity, serves as the first point of contact, thought-partner, and coordinator for the delivery of Community Initiatives products and services to an assigned set of fiscally sponsored nonprofit projects (FSPs).
The Client Services Manager independently works with a diverse portfolio of FSPs that range in level of complexity. Supporting them requires critically analyzing issues and proposing creative solutions. As a partner and advocate for the FSPs, the Client Services Manager autonomously delivers services to clients while providing advice on improving services, customer satisfaction and mitigating compliance risks.
Great opportunity to work towards executive leadership in philanthropy!!
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the main point of contact for a diverse portfolio of fiscally sponsored projects (clients).
- Collaborate with the Finance and HR Departments to support clients’ financial needs, organizational effectiveness and capacity.
- Utilize non profit knowledge and experience to support and foster clients’ growth in areas such as fundraising, governance, operations.
- Lead strategic initiatives for Client Services and develop policies in collaboration with other team members and departments.
- Resolve problems as they arise by actively listening to clients and proposing solutions based on comprehensive understanding of client’s circumstances, desires and issues.
- Mitigate risk and ensure funder compliance by overseeing contract and grants management.
- Design and lead client training on Community Initiatives’ services.
- Provide data analysis, research and reporting as it relates to customer satisfaction and improving Client Services.
- Provide guidance regarding fiscal sponsorship compliance and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among multiple commitments simultaneously in a fluid environment
- Basic understanding of nonprofit financial management and best practices
- Strong project management skills with high attention to details
- Comfort with reading and understanding legal contracts with an eye for risk management and compliance
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively communicate complex concepts in a clear, understandable manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders
- Advanced analytical abilities and problem-solving skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify options for resolution
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Consultative, flexible and creative
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and Salesforce
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in nonprofit management, client/donor customer service, consulting, or business administration
- B.A./B.S. or higher degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience managing fiscally sponsored projects (clients) preferred
Working at Community Initiatives
This is a full-time position that includes excellent benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Community Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
$70,000+ annual salary DOE. CI offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision
- 401k plan with 3% employer match (100% vested immediately)
- Fully paid basic life insurance, LTD, STD coverage
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid holidays
- 4 floating holidays
Minimum Education Required