Associate Director-University of Maryland Hillel
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Maryland Hillel's Associate Director (AD) will play a pivotal role in leading one of the nation's preeminent Hillels as it enters the next phase of its growth. The ideal candidate will be a multi-talented individual who is ready to think boldly and can exercise adaptive leadership to ensure Hillel achieves its strategic objectives. The AD will exercise oversight over day-to-day operations; ensure inter-departmental collaboration; manage employee professional development; strengthen partnerships and relationships both on and off campus; manage and enhance Maryland Hillel's brand-identity; and, engage in targeted fundraising activities. Maryland Hillel seeks a strong leader with the ability to align a team around a vision, marshal resources effectively, and continue to build upon the organization's reputation of providing transformative experiences to Jewish students.
What You'll Do:
- Engage in vision setting with the executive director and senior management team, leading Maryland Hillel in its continued drive to excellence.
- Facilitate collaboration and communication between the operations, student life and development departments.
- Serve as the disruptor and change agent to the organization, looking for new, creative and efficient ways of executing Hillel's mission.
- Monitor organizational progress towards goals.
- Serve as a community presence – representing Maryland Hillel to external communities.
- Drive marketing and branding activities to ensure greater awareness of Hillel amongst all constituencies including overseeing campus coalition building endeavors.
- Motivate, inspire and drive the professional team by ensuring professional development plans are in place, employees receive sound supervision, and there is a prevailing sense of teamwork towards defined objectives.
- Lead select student life endeavors like career networking for seniors or Machar Moments, which brings accomplished individuals to campus to meet with students.
- Supervise a few senior members of Maryland Hillel's team.
- Serve as lead professional on select board task forces and committees and participate in financial resource development for the agency.
- Participate in relevant student life programs like Shabbatot, Birthright Israel, Alternative Breaks and more – as needed.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Master's Degree and 3+ years of relevant experience in Jewish nonprofit work or 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Successful track record of managing a multi-talented team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed communication abilities.
- Strong Jewish knowledge and the ability to apply that knowledge to Hillel's work.
- The ability to align tasks with a broader vision.
- An acute ability to empower others.
- Project management experience.
- Proactive leadership abilities anticipating challenges and opportunities and mounting the appropriate response.
- Critical thinking.
- A great sense of humor.
- An ingrained passion for Jewish life and community, in its varied expressions.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental and vision, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel.
- A supportive and caring work environment.
About Maryland Hillel:
Maryland Hillel enjoys a national reputation for its Jewish community, both due to its size with some 5,800 Jewish undergrads, and, more critically, due to the vibrancy of Jewish life on campus. A team of 18 professionals work in concert with Jewish students to facilitate a veritable menu of experiences and opportunities. Hillel strives to ensure that Jewish students derive meaning and value from connecting, in their individuated ways, with our tradition, heritage, and Israel. Maryland Hillel draws students to the University of Maryland from around the country with large contingents from Maryland, the tristate area, Florida and California. Following many years of growth, Hillel is now embarking on a capital campaign to construct a custom-built 40,000 square foot Jewish student center. The project has invigorated all of Hillel's stakeholders. Simultaneously, as the Executive Director plays a leading role in shaping the building process, senior leadership is required to preserve and strengthen Maryland Hillel's efforts.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with students that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Maryland Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter. New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account. Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please in