Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
The primary role of the Development and Database Coordinator is to support senior leadership in overseeing a variety of development activities. He or she will be the point person for PowerPlay NYC's donor database; responsible for maintaining the accuracy, updating and tracking of all donor information and data.
The Development and Database Coordinator works with senior leadership to effectively use donor data to advance the philanthropic efforts of the organization through prospecting, research and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and generate timely and accurate acknowledgement letters related to donations, pledges, matching gifts, events etc.
- Track and process all pledges
- Maintain strong and accurate constituent files
- Ensure seamless integration into PowerPlay NYC reports
- Research donor prospects; writing/submitting Letters of Intent, proposals and stewardship reports
- Effectively track key donor information; cultivation and histories and solicitation
- Respond to individual donor and corporate-related inquiries
Database Entry & Maintenance/Gifts Processing
- Track and process all gifts in donor database on a daily basis
- Work with accounting to confirm all donations are processed and recorded appropriately
- Set up pledges and matching gifts
- Monitor PowerPlay NYC’s fundraising platforms: Amazon Smile, Benevity, Bidpal, One Cause and Network for Good
- Reconcile gifts monthly with Finance Director
- Support senior leadership with annual audit
- Submit annual reports and financials to nonprofit rating agencies
- Establish best practices and provide database training for PowerPlay NYC Team
- Troubleshoot issues and consistently improve integrity of donor database
- Coordinate and ensure regular financial updates to development materials, individual correspondence
- Assist PowerPlay NYC internal departments with data entry requests/reports as needed
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, departmental meetings, events and supports the senior leadership as needed
Level of Language Proficiency
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and commitment to the mission, vision and culture of PowerPlay NYC
- Ability to identify and anticipate problems, analyze situations and recommend solutions/problem-solve
- Flexible and adaptable - Ability to work with changing conditions and priorities, willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Well organized with systematic and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage and balance a wide range of projects and duties in fast moving environment
- Proactive, “can-do” approach/attitude; demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness
- An excellent team player with a positive attitude and the ability to connect and collaborate with others
- Accountable – willing to accept appropriate levels of responsibility for tasks, projects and outcomes
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2-3 years work experience in a development department, and/or a solid understanding of the role donor data tracking and reporting
- Intermediate or better proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically Microsoft Excel and general ability to learn new software
- High-level of competency with donor database management systems; Raiser’s Edge Experience preferred
Minimum Education Required