Details: Commensurate with experience
7310 Esquire Court
FT position available for dynamic statewide behavioral health consumer education/ advocacy organization. Training Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating and conducting trainings for two grant-funded training projects and one public education and awareness campaign. This position will also assist with the implementation of contract requirements for all organizational events and training programs.
• Market available trainings to various behavioral health and tangentially related programs around the state
• Serve as trainer and/or facilitator for trainings related to various behavioral health topics, such as stigma and discrimination issues, The Eight Dimensions of Wellness, nutrition and wellness, effective communication with healthcare providers, storytelling as an advocacy tool
• Gather and document feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session
• Partner with internal stakeholders and industry experts regarding instructional design
• Design, prepare and order educational aids and materials
• Provide support to public education campaign for anti-stigma project, assisting with developing new materials and coordinating programming
• Provide feedback to program participants and management
• Evaluate and make recommendations on training materials and methodology
• Collect and compile pertinent data regarding trainings and outreach
• Assist with the development of quarterly and annual program reports to funders
Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Facilitator or similar role; hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events; extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation; advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments; ability to translate complex problems and concepts in training; , MS Office proficiency; knowledge of website maintenance (Squarespace preferred); strong knowledge and experience with social media platforms, particularly Facebook; strong verbal and written communication skills; familiarity with behavioral health industry and advocacy; BA/BS degree in Education, Training, HR or related field. Familiarity with graphics programs a plus.
Must have car and be willing to travel as needed. Overnight stays may be required on occasion. Current or former consumer of behavioral health services preferred.
Includes health insurance, sick leave, vacation, paid holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send salary requirements, resume and detailed cover letter to: Jennifer Brown, Director of Training and Communications, OOOMD, 7310 Esquire Ct., Mailbox 14, Elkridge, MD 21075. May also email to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 410-540-9024.