"All persons newly hired for employment by RiseBoro must provide proof of being fully vaccinated by the first day of employment, except for those who obtain an exception due to medical or religious reasons through the reasonable accommodation process."
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Case Manager will:
- Actively coordinate day to day on-site services for the tenants on their caseload of approximately 20-25 households and ensure all service provision is representative of RiseBoros mission.
- Complete needs assessments and develop ongoing, tenant-centered support plans for all tenants; review support plans periodically and document the successful completion of task and objectives.
- Provide ongoing case management, assistance and advocacy, providing information and referrals to community services as needed.
- Ensure tenants maintain housing subsidy and benefits required to remain in permanent housing.
- Assist tenants in obtaining and maintaining all government benefits for which they may qualify, conducting advocacy as needed.
- Assist tenants in developing informal support networks with other tenants by facilitating opportunities for tenants engagements through educational workshops and other social activities including birthday parties and holiday celebrations, translate as needed.
- Educate residents on the available on-site services and other community resources.
- Prepare and maintain up to date records and resident files, outcomes, including residents personal and eligibility information, records of services provided, and all relevant correspondence.
- Conduct monitoring services through friendly visits and telephone reassurance calls as well as periodic inspections with property management staff.
- Work collaboratively with community partners to ensure residents are able to age in place, including coordination of home care services and proper discharge planning from inpatient facilities.
- Communicate with property management and maintenance staff on resident issues and to obtain records of incidents and hospitalization during off working hours.
- Coordinate with the Health + Wellness Coordinators to ensure tenant is receiving the medical care and attention that will allow them to age in place, maintain their tenancy, and encourage housing stability.
- Participate in case conferences and coordinate with other program staff to ensure tenant and programmatic successes.
- Monitor recreational activities such as art, yoga, and gardening sessions as needed.
- Additional responsibilities may be added as position evolves.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required
- Previous social service experience required, particularly with benefit entitlement assistance and working with chronically homeless individuals
- Team player and willing to work with a diverse population
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Experience working with the homeless population and/or seniors and older adults
- Flexible in order to accommodate weekend hours as the need arises; must be available to work evening hours in order to meet tenant needs
- Commitment to RiseBoros mission of unleashing the potential of communities to thrive, no matter the odds
- Bachelors Degree in social work, psychology, or a related field required
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of RiseBoro to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, political or union affiliation, marital or partnership status, sex, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity, familial status, genetic information or predisposition or characteristic, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military and related obligations, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job placement, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship, employee development, promotion, demotion, discipline, transfer, lay-off and recall, and termination. RiseBoro makes reasonable accommodations based on religion and/or disability as required by law, and requests for accommodation are to be directed to the Human Resources Department.