District of Columbia
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Case Management (70%):
- Assist with development of short- and long-term case management plans for girl survivors of trafficking (“FAIR Girls clients”) aged 11 to 26 referred to FAIR Girls through our community partners, self-referral, and law enforcement partners.
- Provide long-term case management services to FAIR Girls clients that may include, but is not limited to, researching/obtaining safe housing, healthcare, identification documentation, jobs, supportive counseling, and mental healthcare referrals.
- Provide psychoeducation to clients about commercial sexual exploitation and trafficking in order to prevent re-victimization.
- Dedicate one hour daily to maintaining accurate and updated case notes as well as entering data into the agency database.
- Provide staff coverage in our Drop-In Center on a rotating basis.
- Training and Prevention Education (15%):
- Plan, develop and facilitate trainings on human trafficking for first responders or other professionals serving survivors of trafficking, in conjunction with the Director of Programs.
- Plan and facilitate prevention workshops for youth who are at-risk for human trafficking.
- On-Call Supervision and Crisis Response (15%):
- Provide on-call after hours support and supervision, including support for the Vida Home and Vida Home client crises, and response to the Crisis Referral Line.
- Oversee and assist as necessary Vida Home Residential Contractors in a crisis or emergency, subject to certain limitations.
- Provide in-person crisis response as appropriate.
- Answer Crisis Referral Line calls and provide crisis support and referrals.
- (For more information on the role of an on-call supervisor, please see FAIR Girls’ On-Call Supervisor Manual. This Manual will be provided to Case Managers upon hire.)
- Relevant education and experience, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and one to two years of relevant experience
- OR Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- OR four + years of relevant experience
- OR identification as a survivor of CSEC or trafficking, and one to two years of relevant experience
- Relevant education includes: psychology, social work, women’s and gender studies, and/or family science
Starting Salary: $40,000 with benefits.
Health, vision, and dental insurance provided
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Director of Operations, Taylor DeVoe, at email@example.com and Director of Programs, Ashley Harrell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to hearing from you!