Job Opening – Development Representative
Number of Openings – 3
Locations: Midwest, South Central, East or West Coast
Reaching Souls seeks an individual to represent the ministry to our wonderful financial supporters and potential partners, who are some of the best people on the planet. This position gets to interact daily with generous givers, volunteers, and a fun and talented staff.
We define Christian Development as creating opportunities to involve God’s people in God’s work. The Development Representative will cultivate, solicit and steward gifts from current major donors and identify prospects for major gifts and develop them into major donors. This individual is responsible for developing relationships with a portfolio of donors and emphasis is placed upon personal contact with donors through engagement points such as visits, tours, events, phone calls, email, and personal correspondence. This position is regularly and customarily engaged away from the office for the purpose of promoting the cause of Reaching Souls to the public. The job requires at least 80% of time to be spent on high donor contact: cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
We believe in building strong relationships with our ministry partners, working diligently, and leaving the results to God. At Reaching Souls, challenging God’s people to generous stewardship in a way that is Biblical and has integrity, is a high and important calling.
At Reaching Souls, our sole focus is a soul focus. Our strategic purpose is to reach the maximum number of people for Christ in the least amount of time in the most efficient way. There are many great things we can do to help people around the world, but the most important thing, is to introduce them to Jesus Christ. Lord willing, we will see over 11 million people come to Christ and start almost 6,000 churches this year. At a cost of only 35¢ per salvation decision, this strategy makes lots of sense!
Our work environment is fun and fast-paced…but laser focused. The weight of the task is heavy, but the joy of the fruit yielded is unmatched.
We’re looking for someone who has an extra dose of initiative, persistence, and courage. We’re looking for the kind of person that everyone is always glad to see coming or calling. We need someone who is an excellent communicator, organizer, listener and thinker.
Ultimately this position bridges the gap between our donors’ desire to do good and opportunities made available through Reaching Souls. You need to be a good story teller because you’ll be sharing the story of what God is doing through Reaching Souls…again and again. Come join a work environment that is refreshing, exciting, challenging, and eternally focused.
• A personal and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
• A commitment to the mission and values of Reaching Souls International
• Impeccable character and integrity as a representative of Reaching Souls and of Jesus Christ
• Self-discipline, well organized, efficient at time management, and succeeds with minimal direct supervision
• Possess skills related to position such as sales, public relations, communications, business, marketing, advertising or other skills relevant to the job as determined by Reaching Souls
• Proficient with CRM software and moves management process
• Effective communication in presentations to large groups and individuals
• 3+ years of relevant and successful development experience or related experience
• Willingness to travel where needed as needed
• A strong list of current relationships which could produce future donors
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR
• Must pass background check and drug screen
• Reports to the Director of Development and/or Chief Development Officer
• Coordinates with Development Team, Missions Team, Admin Team, and CEO
• Communicates regularly with supervisor regarding activities, strategies, and results
• Remote Office (work from home or a dedicated office space in region)
• Full-time (35+ hours per week, weekend and evening work may be required)
• Travel within region (Region would be sized within 6 to 8 hours driving from home)
• Some air travel may be required for HQ visit, conferences, and occasional donor visits outside of region
• Reaching Souls is growing. There is potential for various opportunities for advancement including, but not limited to Regional Development Manager, Marketing Director, Annual Fund Director, etc.
PAY AND BENEFITS
• Salary and Benefits are highly competitive regarding the position within the nonprofit community
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to: Tori Mitchell
Reaching Souls International
12625 S. Portland Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
or email to email@example.com
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. To learn more about Reaching Souls International, please visit www.reachingsouls.tv