Classification: 1.0 FTE
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Housing Supervisor is responsible for the efficient and effective management and supervision of
homeless housing program services and the supervision of housing department staff
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – 40 HOURS **
**Provide service during evening hours or weekends as needed.
LOCATION: Multi-Service Center
515 W Harrison Street
Kent, WA 98032
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proven ability to manage multiple and complex services and situations in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to work in and accept a changing environment and work with staff to implement changes.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with other organizations and people of diverse backgrounds.
- Serve as liaison between the direct service staff and the Program Director.
- Maintains appropriate agency data collection system and assures that statistical information is current and correct.
- Completes all necessary client data reports required by funding sources and other agency needs.
- Assures that all monthly reports are submitted to the Finance Department/Program Director accurately and on time.
- Completes all reports as requested by the Program Director, including information necessary for future program funding.
- Assures that all agency housing policies and procedures are implemented and followed by staff.
- Keep staff up to date of any changes in policies, procedures.
- Provides clear communication with staff on behalf of the agency administration.
- Works closely with the Program Director in the performance of the supervisory duties.
- Provides individual and group case management supervision to housing case management staff.
- Provides back up direct service support to any of the housing residents in the absence of the particular case manager.
- Completes file reviews at least quarterly.
- Maintain and update as needed program policies and procedures.
- Review and become knowledgeable with all program funding contracts.
- Represents the agency at community meetings which are concerned with low income housing issues/homeless system changes, with the approval of Program Director.
- Works with other community groups to remove barriers to services for agency participants in the housing program.
- Works with case management staff to ensure that all program participants are current on program fee payments and other contractual requirements.
- Makes recommendations to the Program Director for any necessary staff disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
- Supervision and evaluation of all Housing Family Development and Housing Services staff.
- Five years of direct service experience in working with individuals and families in a social service setting, some of which must be in a housing program.
- Three years supervisory experience.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED in:
- King County HMIS system
- King County Coordinated Entry system
- Trauma Informed Care
- Motivational Interviewing
- Landlord/tenant laws
- Fair housing laws
- Harm reduction
- Bachelor’s level degree in social services (Social Work) or related field preferred.
- Alternative education and experience can be substituted for degree.
- Complete and pass MSC’s required Family Development Training and maintain annual certification through additional training.
- Read, write and understand the English language
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Above average computer understanding and skills, including web-based programs.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and efficiently, with an eye for detail
- Excellent phone manners and customer service skills
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver License and proof of auto insurance
These physical requirements are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to ensure people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs. without assistance.
- Highly mobile position involving frequent driving, regular walking and standing.
- Walking, standing, and sitting frequently
- Stretching/Reaching, Hand/Finger dexterity, Stooping (bend at waist) frequently
- Mobility and ability to sit in front of a computer screen for long periods of time
- Work performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
- Travel to MSC offices and program meetings throughout south King County, the city of Seattle, and the State or Nationally as appropriate.
Veterans encouraged to apply.
Multi-Service Center does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. Multi-Service Center is an at-will employer.
If you are interested in applying for this job opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Multi-Service Center is committed to promoting equal employment opportunity and diversity in the workplace. Salary: DOE
Benefits: Paid vacation and sick leave, 13 paid holidays per year, medical, dental, vision, LTD, Life insurance, 401k plan.
Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life Insurance, 401k, paid vacation and sick leave, 13 paid holiday each year
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume.