IFF is a mission-driven lender, real estate consultant, and developer that helps communities thrive. Key to our success has been a deep sense of purpose, a broad perspective, and a relentless focus on achieving positive results. Across the Midwest we help clients from every sector, including human service agencies, health centers, schools, affordable housing developers, and healthy food grocery operators. Staff contribute extensive business experience and an unrivaled connection to the mission of IFF to the clients we serve.
IFF is looking for candidates with a commitment to the work we do who can demonstrate their creativity, diligence, enthusiasm, growth-mindset, thoughtfulness, and passion to make meaningful change in the areas of economic and racial justice.
Our staff of more than 100 professionals works from our Chicago headquarters, and we also serve the Midwest from six regional offices: Indianapolis, IN; Detroit, MI; Kansas City, MO; St. Louis, MO; Columbus, OH; and Milwaukee, WI with Grand Rapids, MI office opening in 2021.
Basic Job Function
The Recruiter role is an excellent opportunity for a human resource professional with expertise in proactive, robust full cycle talent acquisition. Responsibilities include creating and implementing an effective strategic recruiting framework with a focus on attracting a high performing and diverse workforce. The Recruiter will establish an internship program and develop relationships with educational, sector, and professional networks to create a candidate pipeline. The role will develop strong partnerships and serve as a consultant to hiring managers and department leads on all recruiting-related activities. The Recruiter will also provide support to the Talent Management Department in areas of training, staff events, talent management data/reporting and special projects as needed.
This role requires knowledge across all functions to successfully operate as a back up to the current HR Generalist and the HR Generalist is a back up to the Recruiter.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Primary responsibility is to create and maintain collaborative relationships with leadership and hiring managers to attract and retain talented and diverse professionals. Responsible for creating and implementing a recruiting framework that embeds IFF’s equity, diversity and inclusion values. Will act as a consultant to hiring managers and department leads on all recruiting related activity.
2. Develop and manage IFF’s internship program and cultivate relationships with colleges, universities, and professional associations.
3. Facilitate training with leadership and staff on best practices in screening, interviewing, and other HR-related topics of interest/need.
4. Develop and implement best-in-class practices and strategies for the end-to-end candidate experience, including sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection, and onboarding.
5. Manage, update and maintain the data integrity of IFF’s applicant tracking system and career site to ensure efficient workflows and a positive candidate experience.
6. Responsible for recruiting data and managing reports that are either supplied by the applicant tracking system or internal databases. Create, implement, and track recruiting data. Develop reports and prepare recruiting data presentations.
7. Prepare, extend, and negotiate job offers in accordance with budget guidelines and established approval procedures.
8. Coordinate background checks with candidates and vendors.
9. Assists with Talent Management programs and initiatives including but not limited to: Mentoring program, Professional Development, Staff Meetings, Staff Events and similar department initiatives.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Achievement of recruiting goals for the department and successful development and execution of a recruiting framework that embeds IFF’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion values.
2. High level of both internal and external customer satisfaction.
3. Accurate and timely completion of assigned projects.
4. Cultivates a culture of openness in information sharing. Encourages open communication, cooperation, and the sharing of knowledge.
5. Models personal accountability that promotes ownership and engagement.
6. Builds and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues, peers and team members.
7. Values and supports differences in others, contributing to an inclusive work environment. Demonstrates the ability and willingness to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to create a collaborative, collegial, and caring community.
8. High level of satisfaction with both internal colleagues and external contacts.
Education and Experience: Bachelors degree preferred but not required. Relevant experience is considered in lieu of a degree. PHR preferred. The ideal candidate brings at least five years in a Recruiter role with experience managing the full lifecycle of talent acquisition. HR Generalist experience is a plus. We are looking for someone who is flexible, process-oriented, has strong project management skills, loves proactive recruiting and will enjoy lending their expertise across operations, people, and culture to support the Talent Management Department. This is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Vice President of Talent Management. Occasional travel is required to attend career fairs, universities, or similar events.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
1) Very strong written and verbal communication skills
2) Strong project management skills
3) Strong technical acuity needed. Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications and in particular: Excel, Applicant Tracking Systems and reporting systems.
4) Demonstrated understanding of IFF’s business units and technical skills required and relationships with educational institutions and professional networks
5) Thorough understanding of HR laws, policies, and best practices.
6) Ability to think creatively about problems and develops solutions. Solutions-oriented approach is necessary and required.
Unusual Requirements: Occasional travel throughout the assigned region; Occasional evening and weekend work
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements with “Recruiter” in the subject line.
IFF values equity, diversity and inclusion as part of its mission to strengthen nonprofits and the communities they serve. IFF is an equal opportunity employer.
IFF is a mission-driven lender, real estate consultant, and developer that helps communities thrive. Key to our success has been a deep sense of purpose, a broad perspective, and a relentless focus on achieving positive…