POSITION TITLE: Director, Business Solutions
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Boston
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas seeks a Director, Business Solutions to cultivate a pipeline of employers that are able to hire multiple Per Scholas graduates for IT jobs. The role is a unique opportunity to raise awareness in the business and employer community about Per Scholas and to build sustainable talent pipelines between employers and our graduates.
The successful candidate will have a strong marketing, sales and business development experience, preferably in technology, talent acquisition, human resources. Success in this role will be measured by the achievement of employment opportunities from 5-10 accounts, and meeting the team’s monthly and yearly talent placement goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO :
- Develop a new enterprise-level employer business development strategy in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. This will include sector and occupational analysis, as well as informational interviews with existing employer partners, Per Scholas colleagues, and members of the Greater Boston advisory board
- Cross-sell other options for engagement with Per Scholas, including customized training opportunities, and training and development services.
- Analyze new trends and opportunities within the industry that will help you develop and maintain a strong understanding of the market and our competitors
- Implement a local, enterprise-level strategy with a goal of sustainably securing 5-10 employer accounts who will commit to 7 or more hires annually across multiple business lines, with a focus on job placements in IT support, software engineering, and entry cloud roles. This will include a full sales cycle from networking and prospecting, through initial stage relationship management, to successfully landing and fulfilling a volume job order, with high employer satisfaction.
- Build professional, working and consultative relationships with clients within Greater Boston by developing a nuanced understanding of unique client/business needs within the industry
- Work closely with the career coach and instructors to ensure students are matched to appropriate job opportunities
- Manage accounts to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain real-time records in CRM (Salesforce.com) and active communication with clients
- Additional tasks and projects assigned by the Managing Director, Greater Boston
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent relevant experience) and a minimum of 5 years of Talent Acquisition, Sales, Human Resources, or Business Development experience, with a proven track record of closing multiple deals leading to repeat clients, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience presenting to senior executives (C-Level), operational managers as well as technical and non-technical staff
- Success in leading and executing the sales process with expert sales, organizational, business and professional skills
- Consultative selling and relationship management skills to drive results with clients
- Expert business knowledge to understand the business needs that drive clients to hire Per Scholas graduates
- A deep understanding of the IT industry’s talent/workforce needs, current staffing and future growth trends, as well as connections within the employer landscape in the Boston Metro area
- Demonstrated creativity in the development of solutions to diverse customer needs, to include requirements documents, statements of work and contracts
- Track record of excellent relationships with partners and executives
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently
- You are an effective communicator with excellent written, presentation, and public speaking skills
- You are highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with consistent follow through
- You are self-directed, analytical, and comfortable making decisions to adapt strategy and processes based on current conditions
- You are tech savvy and enjoy keeping current on trends
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits such as healthcare and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national organization that has been advancing economic mobility for 25 years. Through rigorous training, professional development and robust employer connections, we prepare individuals traditionally underrepresented in technology for high-growth careers in the industry. We partner with leading employers to build more diverse talent pools, directly connecting our graduates to new career opportunities with leading employers, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups. With campuses in 14 cities, Per Scholas has trained more than 12,000 individuals in tech skills, building bridges to careers in technology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.