1670 S. Amphlett Blvd.Ste. 219
PCRC is a communication and dispute resolution non-profit organization serving San Mateo County for over 30 years. We are a dynamic organization, with a team of 25-30 highly skilled staff, and over 150 dedicated volunteers. We partner with individuals, groups and institutions to empower people, build relationships, and reduce violence through collaborative and innovative processes. We assist clients in solving their most complex personal, organizational, and social challenges by utilizing strategies in mediation, facilitation, training and coaching. We rely on our organizational principles of inclusivity, congruency, collaboration, communication and respect to positively impact communities throughout the county.
We are looking for a bilingual Family Support Specialist to work in Redwood City. The ideal candidate is an individual committed to increasing and maintaining health coverage enrollment for students and their family members. He/she will also assist the community at large, both in Redwood City and San Mateo County, with access to health coverage and community resources. In addition the Family Support Specialist will support in the delivery of the Parent Project series (training will be provided) to families across San Mateo County.
· Reports to the Manager of the Strengthening Families Initiative (SFI)
· Provides coaching to Redwood City Community School Admin Team
· Deliver high quality family support programming based on the agency’s foundational skills
o Support student success by promoting and providing culturally competent assistance to families by helping them navigate and complete the appropriate health coverage application and renewals.
o Conducts health coverage outreach at school and community events by using a variety of strategies including flyers, presentations at parent meetings, tabling at community events, phone calls to families.
· Ensure program congruence with PCRC’s mission, vision, values, and business plan
· Support collaboration between various school community members
o Works in close collaboration with the Community School Coordinator, staff and administration to ensure that all students are enrolled in health coverage at the Community School sites as well as non-community schools in the district.
o Attends county coalition meetings to keep updated on outreach, enrollment, eligibility and retention issues.
· Meet data and other administrative deliverables
o Maintains accurate documentation and tracks all enrollments and re-enrollments; submits reports to the county and the Community School Coordinator once a month
o Ensures enrollment quotas are met on a monthly basis through outreach and contacts with partner schools and agencies
o Track impact, evaluate and make suggestions for improvements.
· Collaborates with the SFI team to deliver high quality training for the national Parent Project curriculum
· Conducts community outreach for upcoming trainings at schools and community events by using a variety of strategies including flyers, presentations at parent meetings, tabling at community events, phone calls to families.
· Participate as an agency member in various meetings and events
· Represent PCRC in the community and connect the agency with potential individual,
community, and institutional partners
· Mediate, facilitate, and train as needed by the agency
· Other duties may be assigned and prioritized in conversation with the Manager
· Bachelor's degree or minimum of three years experience in related field of endeavor
· Ability to work collaboratively with families in a school setting as well as partners and community members
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English and Spanish
· Successful experience in a school or non-profit setting
· Cultural competency to work with families from diverse backgrounds
· Able to work independently and adapt easily to new protocols and changing environments
· Proven ability to communicate effectively with various levels of an organization and collaborative partners
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word/File Maker Pro applications/Excel
· Successful experience working effectively in partnership and collaboration with a broad range of individuals and constituencies of diverse cultural backgrounds
· Ability to remain neutral and professional in emotionally charged situations
· Willingness to promote the integrity and neutrality of PCRC
· Reliable transportation, valid California Driver’s license, and appropriate auto insurance
Compensation package includes medical, dental, life insurance, 403(B) plan, vacation, and holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish required.
Minimum Education Required